Student Success Advisor
Company: The Art Institute of Atlanta Aii, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Who We Are! Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute
locations that provide an important source for design, media,
fashion and culinary art professionals. - We offer programs that
focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design,
media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital
filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production,
fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion
marketing.Benefits We Offer! The Arts Institutes is committed to
offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidaysSummary: - The responsibility of the
Student Success Advisor is to serve as the primary student contact
on campus and assist in completion of the student's educational
experience at an Art Institute campus. - The role will provide
guidance on all academic and financial policies / questions for
students and their families, including federal and state aid,
alternative loans, scholarship inquiries and all other available
funding options. - Through the use of consistent and effective
outreach, the Advisor will build a strong, supportive relationship
with their students to assist in the process of course
identification and registration, career planning and academic goal
setting. - The Advisor plays an integral role in the success of new
and continuing students as they seek to complete their educational
Incumbent must assure that the Art Institutes (Aii) philosophy:
quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and
recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and
environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and
expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
-Key Job Elements:
- Provides the Department Chair with completed Student Appeals
documentation and address any financial concerns. - - -Assists with
degree plans/audits, course substitutions, adds/drops, withdrawals
and change of majors. - Monitors student probationary terms;
including them on CSR (Continuing Student review) reporting. -
Provides advice on best path forward.
- In collaboration with Academic Affairs leadership maintain
direct contact with assigned students including, but not limited to
monitoring attendance and academic progress; discussing and
supporting the student as he/she resolves academic issues that
occur in the classroom environment; informing and appraising
students of available resources and working with students having
trouble academically or in other areas, helping them to develop and
implement student actions (success) plans.
- Identifies students at-risk for academic failure and develop
and implement strategies to drive student success. - Meets with and
refers students to available resources. Including creating
programming based on student trends (i.e., wellness, financial
- Demonstrates clear understanding related to academic programs,
college policies and procedures, and federal regulations.
Comprehension of /and ability to explain the Student Handbook and
College Catalog. Responds to inquiries from students and/or their
advocates regarding academic policies and procedures, degree
programs, major options, career, and education goals, utilizing
knowledge of institution policies and procedures.
- Communicates with students effectively through both routine and
non-routine email contact -including social media, BrightSpace
portal, texting system and traditional phone calls.
- Revises the funding estimate and repack for students' upcoming
award year. Review any change in financial obligations with
students/parents and present new payment options along with their
resultant time lengths while revising the note in Tuition Options.
- If required assist student and family with FAFSA renewal and the
accurate completion and collection of any additional documents that
- Assists VA students with their benefits and questions as
needed. - Ensure that VA students are fully aware of their
responsibilities to the school and that the student's school file
includes all copies of VA paperwork Apprise SCO of any veteran with
potential benefit changes or concerns that could impact the student
receiving their benefits timely each quarter.
- Maintains consistent clean files shown through Training
Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations, school
policies and procedures. -Less than a 10% error rate per term and
less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year. Pass one
certification per calendar year. Demonstrates proficiency in timely
document collection and repack processing within your OPEID as
defined by the Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Assists students, as needed with course registration including
web-registration, reviewing course selection, assisting with forms
and web requests for registration overrides and curriculum
- Other duties as
To: - Dean of Student Success Interacts With: - Department Chairs,
FT Faculty, Registrar,
-Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum three years' experience in position providing support
to students at the college level (i.e. student advising, financial
aid, student affairs etc.)
- Experience in the educational process of enrollment, supporting
and engaging with students representing a diverse populationSkills:
- Excellent communication and virtual presentation skills, both
verbal and written.
- Proven skills in effective communication within a virtual
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation
skills. Ability to work effectively in a remote environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a
member of a team and work collaboratively with other
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities,
multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to address training needs for all student facing
functions (admissions, student service, academics and
Keywords: The Art Institute of Atlanta Aii, LLC, Atlanta , Student Success Advisor, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!