Location: Stone Mountain
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Transit Mechanics needed at Transdev located in Norcross, GA.
We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to
diagnose and repair transit vehicles and equipment, with daily
safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev in Gwinnett and become a part of the largest
private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that
cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they
To view Transdevs Purpose and how we make a difference follow this
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages up to $19.46 per hour
- $2,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdev's presence
in over 200+ communities across North AmericaResponsibilities:
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy-duty transit
- For Mechanic C level: students -1-2 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements preferred (We offer development opportunities for
obtaining your license)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test
- Day shifts available.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
If you have any questions, please contact us at
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: transdevna, Atlanta , Mechanic C, Other , Stone Mountain, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!