Posted on: January 27, 2023
Goldbelt C6 is focused on research and development, engineering,
and logistics services that enhance and enlarge our customers'
operations. Our expertise is focused on the integration of C6ISR
and scientific, engineering, and technical support for a variety of
government partners. We are research and data-driven, with a team
of experts ready to create custom solutions.
Goldbelt C6, LLC., is seeking a Microbiologist III to assist with
laboratory procedures and processes related to isolation,
cultivation, identification, antimicrobial susceptibility testing,
and systematic classification of bacterial enteric, zoonotic, and
mycotic pathogens. This position is in the Division of Healthcare
Quality and Promotion (DHQP) on the Clinical and Environmental
Microbiology Branch (CEMB).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use aseptic technique to receive, process, and store
- Perform reference broth microdilution antimicrobial
susceptibility testing, real-time PCR, and other phenotypic testing
(i.e., modified carbapenem inactivation method) on surveillance
- Perform MALDI-TOF for identification of organisms
- Perform DNA extraction, evaluation of DNA quality and quantity,
and submit isolates for whole genome sequencing
- Enter data from isolates into REDCap and CDC's laboratory
information management system (ELIMS)
- Analyze and summarize obtained data
- Assist with pouring reference broth microdilution panels
- Assist with ordering of necessary laboratory materials and
assist with equipment maintenance
- Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines and
procedures including performance of competency assessments
- Assist with the preparation of written documents, reports, and
analyses including presentations, abstracts and manuscripts to
disseminate the scientific data being obtained
- Collaborate with team members to perform special studies of
interest which may include other laboratory procedures (e.g.,
pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, conjugation experiments,
- Meet with team leadership on a regular basis to provide
- Attend meetings relevant to the Sentinel surveillance
- Record, analyze, and interpret laboratory data.
- Ensure data is recorded accurately by established guidelines
and maintain complete, clear, and organized records of all work
- Assist with procedures to collect in consultation with activity
lead, adjusts methods and procedures as appropriate during
supporting the general duties within the lab.
- Utilize a Laboratory Information Management System for specimen
accessioning and data entry.
- Perform duties in compliance with Quality Management System and
other applicable regulatory standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment through required training,
safety policies, and documentation of safety-related issues.
- Perform quality control testing of in-house and commercially
- Develop and maintain quality assurance measures to assure that
analytical methods are under control.
- Research, develop, and continuously optimize workflows.
- Assist with safety inspections and waste management.
NECESSARY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Ability to work well in a team environment and manage a high
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and strong
- Enthusiastically serves customers and represents the laboratory
- Must demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership,
teamwork, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, or related
- At least three (3) years of experience in microbiological
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.).
- Masters' degree in Microbiology, Biology, or related
- Hands-on laboratory experience with microbial identification
and isolate work-up.
- Experience handling bacterial and yeast cultures.
Keywords: Goldbelt, Atlanta , Microbiologist III, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!