Posted on: January 27, 2023
Polysius specializes in the design and construction of turnkey
cement plants. We support cement manufacturers around the world
with an extensive portfolio of products and services and
sustainable solutions based on more than 150 years of expertise and
experience. Our plants and machines use state-of-the-art production
processes to conserve resources, minimize environmental impact and
deliver maximum performance and efficiency.
The Field Supervisor is responsible for performing field
supervisory functions for the tk IS location in Atlanta, GA. The
successful candidate should have prior experience supervising field
repair and construction activities in a Cement, Paper, or Mineral
processing environment. Knowledge of rotary kilns, horizontal or
vertical grinding mills, or material handling and processing
equipment is highly desirable. The position involves the
organization, direction, evaluation, and control of field repair
activities in accordance with company and customer expectations,
plans, specifications, schedules, and budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct and Supervise Field Crew personnel performing Field
Repair work according to OEM standards and quality expectations.
Ensure workplace safety standards are maintained and follow
- Ensure that Company safety policies, including all procedures,
rules and regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Interact and work closely with customers, contractors,
engineers, and project managers to achieve customer expectations
- Meet with customer representatives, such as engineers or plant
managers, to discuss equipment condition and provide
recommendations regarding replacement of parts, scheduled
maintenance and/or repair needs.
- Perform workplace inspections.
- Analyze measurement data and inspection results.
- Maintain equipment, tools, and work area in a clean and orderly
- Assist Sales staff with service proposal work and customer
- Develop work procedures to repair, disassembly and assemble
equipment for future use.
- Plan and coordinate the scope of work and duration of service
- Provide detailed instructions to Field support personnel
including equipment and supplies required for upcoming Field Repair
- Coordinate and schedule services required for Field Repair
projects (for example, crane services, rental equipment, welding
consumables and gasses).
- Review job execution with Management.
- Write Field Service Reports for customers.
- Prepare and submit job required paper records (timesheets,
expense reports etc.).
- Support in building and maintaining a dedicated and
professional Field service crew, provide training and best
practices to enhance crew capabilities.
- The above description covers the main areas of responsibility;
however, other duties incidental to this job function may be added
or some of the duties listed above may be deleted as necessary.
This is a supervisory position who may have direct
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Mechanical or Process Engineering degree or three to five years
- Supervisory experience in a construction environment ideally in
cement, paper, or mining.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical equipment drawings,
machine manuals, specifications, blueprints, and job proposals.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Dedication to safe and environmentally compliant work.
- Strong rigging knowledge and safe operation of pneumatic and
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Effective coping
skills to work in a potentially stressful environment which
includes the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex and/or technical
concepts is critical.
- MSHA trained and knowledge of MSHA regulations.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to show initiative and decisiveness.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Leader and ideal function to field service crew.
- This position requires extensive travel to customer locations
throughout the United States. Employee is regularly required to be
away from home for several weeks at a time.
- Travel outside the United States including Canada, South
America, and Caribbean Islands, may be required, but is not
- Ability to travel and work overtime (including nights,
weekends, and holidays along with working outdoors in all weather
- Candidate must possess a Valid US driver's license.
- Optional International Travel.
Your benefits with us
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions recognizes and appreciates the
exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer
challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of tkIS USA
receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite
of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial
package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a brief
summary of benefits which are available to all fulltime
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- STD/LTD - Company Paid
- FSA & HSA
- Voluntary Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Time Off (25 days per year)
- Paid Holidays
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click
on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions (USA) is an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin,
genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic
required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation
in connection with the application process are encouraged to
contact us directly
Keywords: Thyssenkrupps, Atlanta , Field Supervisor, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!