D6 Motor Pool Heavy Equipment Operator 2/MEO (PG:F)
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description - Internal
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision performs skilled labor in
the transportation-related areas such as maintenance of highways
and right of ways. Operates heavy construction, towing, or
maintenance equipment to remove, distribute, level, pave, or grade
earth to maintain traffic flow. May also serve in a lead or
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under general supervision performs skilled
labor in the transportation-related areas such as maintenance of
highways and right of ways. Operates various types of heavy
equipment, such as motor grader, small excavator, asphalt paver,
lowboy, etc.to complete assigned tasks and performs preventive
maintenance on assigned equipment. May respond to emergency
situations affecting the state route system during and after normal
working hours. May provide day-to-day supervision of a crew or
sub-unit to accomplish the tasks assigned by the supervisor. In the
absence of may function as an assistant to the Highway Maintenance
NOTE: Based on operation requirements such as brine transport and
on-call emergencies, possession of a Class A CDL may be preferred
for some positions. At the discretion of the hiring manager, he/she
reserves the right to interview only those who meet this criteria
in addition to the minimum qualifications.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum
qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as
Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
* HS Diploma or GED AND One year of experience in the operation of
heavy equipment and large vehicles such as bulldozers, front end
loaders, ditchers, motor graders, dump trucks, drilling equipment
and/or heavy duty trucks.
* OR One year of experience at a lower level Heavy Equipment
Operator 1 (TRT010) or position equivalent
* Note: Some positions may require a Commercial Driver's
AGENCY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
* An extensive knowledge of maintenance activities *or* three years
of experience in the operation of various motorized equipment
associated with highway construction and maintenance activities
* Possession of a Class B CDL
* Successful completion of MSD Level 1-3.
* Three years of experience performing roadway maintenance.
* In lieu of MSD, applicant must possess:
* Certified Flagger in Temporary Traffic Control procedures.
* Experience implementing Temporary Traffic Control procedures per
the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 6.
* Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (Class B
* Experience with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Extensive experience operating and performing preventive
maintenance on maintenance equipment such as backhoes, farm
tractors, forklifts, rubber-tired loaders, etc.
* Experience gathering necessary data such as work location, labor,
equipment, and materials to document completed work.
* Demonstrated ability to serve as the primary Equipment Operator
in the performance of assigned maintenance activities and
preventative maintenance on assigned equipment such as motor
graders, bulldozers, excavators, loaders, asphalt pavers, lowboys,
dump trucks etc.
* Demonstrated ability to operate power and hand tools
* Proven Experience and working knowledge of "Material Safety Data
* Demonstrated experience in planning, completing, and documenting
routine maintenance work activities
* Ability to perform the physical requirement of the position and
to work in adverse weather conditions
* Ability to work emergencies outside of normal working hours
* Committed to providing quality customer service
* Ability to assist/teach by guiding and providing constructive
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing situations and work
* Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and varied
* Ability to work well with others in resolving problems
* Displays a high standard of work ethics and commitment toward
* Demonstrated ability to analyze situations in order to generate
and evaluate alternatives and recommend a solution based on facts,
policy, procedure, etc.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Possession of a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License
* Possession of CDL tanker endorsement
* Ability to provide leadership and guidance to lower level
employees in the operation of equipment and preventive maintenance
and to train lower level employees in their job
* Demonstrated ability in reading, understanding and completing
forms and reports such as monthly mileage report (497), warehouse
requests form (592), vehicle defect report (631), Foreman's Manual,
and Preventive Maintenance Manual
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and
is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In
addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the
applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or
Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code),
employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office
Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks
(including references and commendations from Managers and other
relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions,
demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work
history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an
applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good
employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant
include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance
date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for
12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans
(PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the
date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall
ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most
current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not
considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any
employee from consideration for selection who is pending a
disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the
employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A
REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience in the
operation of heavy equipment and large vehicles such as bulldozers,
frontend loaders, ditchers, road graders, dump trucks, drilling
equipment and heavy duty trucks or position equivalent. Note: Some
positions may require the possession of a CDL license.
* Agency Logo: Requisition ID: TRA03FY
* Number of Openings: 2
* Advertised Salary: $34,744.42 (Paygrade F)
* Shift: Day Job
* Posting End Date: Jan 18, 2023
Keywords: State of Georgia, Atlanta , D6 Motor Pool Heavy Equipment Operator 2/MEO (PG:F), Other , Cartersville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!