Code Enforcement Trainee
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Our People & Places Solutions business reinforces our drive to
improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of
what we do the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions
bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities
delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to
enabling the connection of people through all modes of
transportation and providing access to technology we're integrating
a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart
environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company
that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can
evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow.Your Impact:As a
Municipal Code Enforcement Trainee, youll join our collaborative
team in Tucker, Georgia, and perform a variety of technical duties
necessary to execute the requirements of the Citys code compliance
programs.Our Municipal Code Enforcement Trainee will:
- Split time working at other Metro Atlanta projects as
- Monitor and enforce city codes, including zoning, building,
property maintenance, noise, etc.
- Respond to complaints regarding possible code enforcement
- Take photographs and conduct research to determine if a code
- Conduct inspections in the field, which can include the inside
of multifamily units
- Process notices of violations and citations
- Track violations for compliance
- Maintain detailed records and reports
- Educate property owners, residents, businesses, and the public
on code requirements and provide solutions for compliance
- Attend municipal court, as needed
- Remove illegal signs from the right-of-way
- Conduct enforcement sweeps, as needed
- Assist with Occupational Tax Certificate compliance
- Distribute information to businesses about code changes,
- Review documentation for multi-family code compliance
- Work closely with zoning, building, and land development
- Performs other duties as assigned, including cross training
with other departments to cover absence, equalize peak work
periods, or balance the workloadHeres What Youll Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a valid state drivers license with a clean driving
record with no major infractions
- Ability to work some nights and weekendsIdeally, Youll Also
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and
ordinances related to municipal code enforcement
- Excellent communications, self-motivation and team-oriented
- Experience working in a public-private partnership
- Experience working with elected officials and municipal
executive staffPhysical Demands
- Standing: remaining on one's feet in an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot.
- Silting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Carrying: transporting an object usually by hand, arm, or
- Balancing: maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling
- Reaching: extending the hand (s) and arm(s) In any
- Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise
working with hand(s).
- Agility: bend, stretches, twists, or reaches out with the body,
arms, or legs.
- Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by the ear.
- Repetitive motions: making frequent movements with a part of
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: performing work through using two
- Stooping: bending the body downward and forward by bending
spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: bending legs to come to rest on one or both
- Crouching: bending body downward and forward by bending
- Squatting: bending the legs at the knees with pressure on the
balls of the feet with buttocks resting on the back of the heels
and/or back of the calves.
- Bending (waist): to flex upper trunk forward with knees
- Twisting (waist): turning the body partly around from a
stationary position such as standing, sitting, kneeling or
- Pivot point is the waist.
- Lifting: raising or lowering an object under 30 pounds.
- Driving: moving body parts for automobile operations.
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment.Mental Demands
- Oral Comprehension
- Written Comprehension
- Spatial OrientationWork Conditions
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting and a field
- Work requires walking on uneven terrain, loose soil, and sloped
- May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather
- Pressure due to multiple calls, inquiries, and sometimes
conflicting deadlines.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition,
marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental
disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or
veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status
or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about
your rights under Federal EEO laws
and supplemental language
.At Jacobs, were challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving
the worlds most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient
environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement,
scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning
abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000,
Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including
consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the
government and private sector.
Keywords: Jacobs, Atlanta , Code Enforcement Trainee, Other , Tucker, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!