Company: Kingston Grill
Location: Forest Park
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Bartender & Server Job Description *
The *Bartender & Server* is an integral member of the restaurant
team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences
for our guests. He/she is responsible for greeting guests, taking
orders, serving food and beverages, and checking on guest
satisfaction. In addition, the server will also:
* Touch tables during the shift to check on guests and expedite
* Resolve guest issues
* Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a
* Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or
enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
* Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
* Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
* Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct
* Collect payments from tables.
* Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales
* Help food preparation staff when necessary.
* Key access to POS in the absence of a supervisor or a
* Maintain complete knowledge of restaurant computer system for
placing food orders.
* Learn and know all menu items, prices and specifications.
* Know and follow federal and state laws and company policies
related to the sale of alcohol.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of
assigned station and service areas.
* Complete opening and closing duties as well as appropriate side
work as designated by established procedures.
* Know and abide by all environmental policies.
* All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
* Up-sell restaurant menu items.
* Work additional restaurant shifts and positions as needed.
* Complete cleaning projects as required.
* Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety
* Works extra shifts and hours as required.
* Assists in other departments as needed.
* Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced
* A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with,
cooks and other staff.
* Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
* Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale
* Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver
orders in a timely manner.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to maintain
concentration while working in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent sales skills and the ability to up-sell.
* Ability to learn all company training materials.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and be
* Ability to operate a cash register, credit card machine and POS
system accurately and efficiently in a fast- paced, high-traffic
* Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
* Climb stairs and walk on hard, uneven and slippery surfaces.
* Stand constantly and move on feet quickly for extended periods of
* Kneel, bend, stoop and squat repetitively.
* Twist and turn frequently.
* Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
* Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking
equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
* Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
* Lift up to 50 pounds.
* Work with kitchen and general cleaning supplies.
* Must be able to properly handle and carry a large, heavy tray of
food items and/or dishes and glassware.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum 1 year of service industry experience required
* Serve Safe Food Handler Certification Required
* Pour Permit for Forest Park, Georgia
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $5.00 - $7.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Casual dining restaurant
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Kingston Grill, Atlanta , Server/Bartender, Other , Forest Park, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!