Housing Supervisor at InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great
pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental - brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our
passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us
to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a
richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a
distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity
to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd
like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities,
we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury
hotel brand.The InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab
Resort and Spa is comprised of 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and
two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short
drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and
Sheba's Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal
wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one
side and a manmade waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites,
and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
- Ensures standards of cleanliness and maintenance are upheld (in
rooms, bathrooms, and public areas), that budgets are controlled
and that the housing teams and third party (cleaners & security)
are well trained.
- Supervises daily inspections to the apartments to ensure
cleanliness and adherence to the rules and regulations
- Supervises that rooms are ready for new arrivals according to
the standards at least two days prior to their arrivals.
- Monitors the appearance, standards, and performance of the
Housing Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensures the housing team members have an up-to-date knowledge
of all rooms & the whole building
- Manages and handles colleagues' accommodation-related issues in
compliance with hotel policies and procedure
- Evaluate colleagues' accommodation satisfaction levels and
monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Allocate rooms for colleagues, according to the availability of
the rooms, while keeping in mind their nationality, in order to
have a harmonious living condition
- Receives new arrivals & giving an orientation on the building &
colleagues facilities whenever available
- Ensure new joiners receive welcome pack on their day of
- Coordinate with the relevant Human Resources colleagues
regarding creating a welcoming environment at the Colleagues'
accommodation for all incoming new hires.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of the staff house keys.
- Ensure colleagues has completed their responsibilities / exit
formalities of resigned employees leaving the accommodation.
- Advise the DHR on renewal of all the housing-related contracts,
transportation, cafeteria, building security, on-time before
expiring (including outside housing, Transportation and pest
- Liaise with third-party transportation company to ensure that
the colleagues' bus timing runs smoothly, the vehicle is clean,
tidy, and in a good condition.
- Ensure that all inventory records for furniture equipment,
linen and other fixtures are maintained and kept up to date.
- Prepare energy consumption report every month for staff
- Prepare all Purchase Requests related to housing bills and
- Familiarize self with property safety, first aid and fire and
emergency procedures and actively enforce Supervise the
repair/maintenance requests with the team and contractors as well
as the Engineering team of the hotel
- Initiate, organize, and responsible to conduct
monthly/quarterly colleague's fun events including sports and
social activities to keep the community alive in the
- Conducts spot checks at least 3 times per shift to ensure staff
locker rooms are clean, tidy, and stocked, and communicate with
Housekeeping or Engineering when necessary
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel
areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting
major areas of concern to your DHR/ General Manager.
- Maximize awareness of safety and security amongst the
Colleagues in the Colleague's Housing.
What we need from you
- Diploma/Bachelor's Degree or similar qualification in Human
Resources/Hospitality or related field is required.
- Previous housing supervisory experience in a five-star hotel is
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in
all Human Resources-related matters. Arabic speaking skills are an
advantage. Other languages preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application, design application
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive benefits, and a chance to work with
a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you
the Room to Make A Difference. So what's your passion? Please get
in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and
tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by
clicking "Apply Online".We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Reference: EMEAA38730
Keywords: IHG, Atlanta , Housing Supervisor at InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!