Head of Product Design (REMOTE)
Company: Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
SANS Institute (SANS) was established in 1989 as a cooperative
research and education organization. In the next 25 years it grew
to become the most trusted and, by far, the largest source
forinformation security trainingandsecurity certification in the
world reaching more than 300,000 security professionals around the
world today, with around 60,000 having been granted Global
Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) security certifications
- the leading certification that provides assurance to employers
that their people and prospective hires can actually do the job. At
the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners - from
auditors and network administrators to chief information security
officers, all sharing the lessons they learn and jointly finding
solutions to the challenges they face - in varied global
organizations from corporations to universities working together to
help the entire information security community.
Join the SANS Team
At SANS, our culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Our goal
is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to
fight against the "bad guys" (Mission) while delivering the highest
quality training (Brand) to our students. We want employees whose
personal values align well with our culture of fairness, honesty,
customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
Summary of Position
We are seeking a Head of Product Design within the Product
Development business unit, with an interest in designing web
applications and learning experiences.
- Lead the SANS Product Design team which is responsible for
product design across a portfolio of offerings.
- Develop our design strategy, standards, and vision, ensuring
the team delivers cutting-edge UX/UI, user flows, user journeys,
wireframes, prototypes, and detailed mockups.
- Define and drive processes like user research, critiques, and
ideation sessions for all necessary deliverables. Foster a great
design culture within the design team and across the
- Work with product managers, engineering, and other stakeholders
to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for
the design team. Understand the design needs of large-scale
software projects and break them down into achievable
- Ensure the team and projects are well planned, scoped, and
organized to ensure their timely delivery.
- Be a thought-leader on product design to partners at all levels
of the organization with a clear, articulate rationale for design
- Find opportunities to improve both how we work together and
develop systems for scale.
Core Skills and Behaviors
Building Relationships / Leading Change / Listening / Communication
/ Conflict Resolution / Navigating in a Virtual Environmental /
Core Values / Operational Excellence / Customer Focus / Problem
Solving / Influencing / Results Driven / Self-Awareness
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's or master's degree in human-computer interaction or
design (product, industrial, or graphic)
- 7+ years leading Product Design teams with proven experience
leading the design of sophisticated interconnected
- 10+ years of hands-on experience designing web and/or mobile
- Advanced user research, information architecture, interaction
design, and visual design skills
- Experience developing and evangelizing adoption of a design
system, both in building patterns and component libraries
- Ability to recruit, hire and retain multi-disciplinary design
- Desire and ability to be hands-on with design work
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves"
- Will be a team player with humility
- Proficient with Sketch, Creative Suite, and prototyping
- Ability to present a portfolio showing examples of product
Reports to Head of Product Development
Remote work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
SANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or to
perform the essential functions of a position, please contact SANS
Keywords: Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies, Inc., Atlanta , Head of Product Design (REMOTE), Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!