Sr Dir, Sourcing/Contracting
Company: Emory University
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This position may involve the following Health and Safety
issues: Not Applicable Job Category Business Operations Campus
Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta Location : Name Emory
Campus-Clifton Corridor Discover Your Career at Emory
UniversityEmory University is a leading research university that
fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate
today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who
can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic
- Leads a sourcing and contracting team for goods and services
utilized across the University and Healthcare, as needed.
- Has responsibility for all aspects of people and team
leadership; hiring, setting expectations, coaching, counseling,
developing, evaluating and providing feedback.
- Trains, coaches and develops employees to maintain a highly
motivated, engaged and professional staff of procurement
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business
opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Provides insight on how to best develop and leverage supplier
capabilities for the University.
- Leads a spend category focused team that works with key
stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies that enable value
creation, cost reduction, risk management, and other priorities, as
- Aligns with the business owners to understand their supplier
related challenges and objectives, develops sourcing strategies to
achieve those objectives and leads the sourcing and contracting
- Works closely with all stakeholders to select, negotiate,
contract and manage suppliers.
- Actively coordinates and leads the negotiation and contracting
process to enable the achievement of established goals and the
utilization of preferred contract terms.
- Manages and maintains a repository of information including
documents used in the sourcing process and all contracts executed
- Leads and supports, as necessary, all procure to pay process
improvements, system enhancements and University procure to pay
- Increases the level of support and customer service provided
across the University and to all organizations utilizing
- Works with the Office of the General Counsel to establish
contract templates that reflect the preferred language of the
University and the necessary regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements sourcing and contracting related
training programs for the organization.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.MINIMUM
- JD and 10 years of related sourcing and contracting experience
with relevant spend categories (IT, medical, professional services,
building and grounds, etc.).
- Contracting experience should include the development of custom
language and contract templates.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement tools including
eSourcing, spend analytics, procure-to-pay system, and contract
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills along with the
ability to work across departments to achieve a common
- Proven experience in sourcing, negotiations, contracting and
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- Solid analytical and computer skills. NOTE: This role will be
granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be
able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule
based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon
guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to
change remote work status with notice to employee. Emory Supports a
Diverse and Inclusive CultureTo ensure the safety of our campus
community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information
on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions,
please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and
equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not
discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on
the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable
law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in
University programs and in the use of facilities without such
discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order
11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and
applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations
regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative
action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse
workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal
opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of
employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers,
discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits,
and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to
the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman
Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone:
404-727-9867 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon
request. To request this document in an alternate format or to
request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department
of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Please note that one week advance notice is preferred. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Emory University, Atlanta , Sr Dir, Sourcing/Contracting, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!