Security Officer 1 - Full Time Nights
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
OverviewHow would you like to work in a place where your
contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve
with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At
Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the
health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to
have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest
professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the
healthcare industry, and in people's lives.ResponsibilitiesThe
Security Officer is responsible for a fixed post or patrolling an
assigned area to preserve peace and order, to provide excellent
customer service and to protect persons and property, and to
perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the employees,
patients, visitors, and property of WellStar Health System. Reports
to the Supervisor, Security Services.QualificationsRequired Minimum
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Required Minimum
- Must possess Georgia Weapons Carry License issued under GA code
- Must have a current/valid Georgia driver's license and have an
insurable driving history.
- Must pass required psychological examination.
- Must achieve Basic Security Officer certification through the
IAHSS within the first year of employment.Required Minimum
- One-year private safety/security, security related military or
law enforcement experience preferred.Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral
- Possesses writing skills necessary to complete incident,
accident and investigative reports.
- Must be able to pass standard security training program
including Non Violent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, baton
and Taser use as well as basic life support for healthcare provider
status according to American Heart Association criteria.
- Must pass WHS mandated psychological evaluation prior to and
during employment. Public relations skills necessary to communicate
effectively in a courteous, professional and tactful manner. Must
be able to accept responsibility, manage authority and maintain
confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function independent of constant supervision and
exercise physical and emotional restraint under stressful
conditions. Ability to observe, listen attentively and use
- Preferred: Some knowledge and experience with security CCTV and
access control systems.We'd like to invite you on a career journey
like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you
make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar
Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being,
including: -Your Wellness, -Your Pay, -Your Future, -Your Joy. - We
think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our
team members care for the community. Make a difference in patients'
lives--- and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Atlanta , Security Officer 1 - Full Time Nights, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!