Mid Data Scientist 1
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Mid Data Scientist 1 Job Summary Support the Department of
Defense (DoD) Defense Health Agency (DHA) with Research,
Development, Testing and Evaluation for the viability of Technical,
Cloud, and Data Engineering support mechanisms. The position
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Compare and analyze various methods through PoC (Proof of
Concept) to find the optimal solution and apply it in
- Design and build data transformation and data structures
- Work in a cross-functional team of Machine Learning engineers
and Data scientists to design and code large scale batch and
real-time data pipelines
- Develop performant data models to be utilized by BI and AI/ML
- Construct data models for Machine Learning infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or a related form of Science or
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance,
operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and
establishing decision strategies.
- Experience with automated, process-driven dataflows using ML
algorithms and resources.
- Experience with NLP across text, imaging.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Strong, expert-level knowledge in advanced SQL
- Deep understanding of data warehouse structures (OLTP vs. OLAP,
Fact/Dimension, schemas, etc.)
- Hands on experience working with relational databases and ETL
- Experience using BI tools to analyze large datasets
- Experience with big data tools
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledgeable of object-oriented/object function scripting
languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Knowledgeable of machine learning toolkits like spark mllib,
H20, scikit-learn, R and ML techniques.
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills associated with
working on unstructured datasets
- Experience with industry standard medical data models, e.g.
HL7, OMOP, ICD 9/10, a plus.
- Experience with De-Identification and/or tokenization to meet
HIPAA requirements a plus
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearancePhysical
Requirements Work may involve sitting or standing for extended
periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a
computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not
limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties
in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due
to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to
long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the
right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time.
The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions
functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on
race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected
genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or
other eligible veteran status or legally protected
Keywords: 4S, Atlanta , Mid Data Scientist 1, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!