DNA Examiner III
Location: Forest Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
DNA Examiner III
Job DescriptionDNA ExaminerPAE is currently seeking a DNA Examiner
III based in Fort Gillem, GAMay be required to travel OCONUS (as
needed)Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine evidence in consultation with firearms and latent print
analysts (as needed) to ensure proposed collection approach will
not negatively impact collection of other forensic data from the
- Collect potential DNA samples from evidence using approved
procedures designed to minimize the possibility of sample
contamination. All samples shall be properly packaged, marked and
stored in preparation for extraction.
- Generate STR DNA profiles from evidence and reference
- Analyze and interpret data from analysis which typically
consists of complex mixtures and low level samples.
- Mixture interpretations using probabilistic genotyping software
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each
evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or
other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing
techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained.
- Perform instrument maintenance.Required Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree coupled with 7+ years'
experience working in a forensic laboratory performing DNA analysis
on criminal evidence and/or intelligence exploitation. Experience
must include the following:
- Identification of blood and bloodstains, body fluids, and
stains of body fluids, hair and other items requiring DNA or
- Performance of visual and microscopic examination of
- Generation of STR DNA profiles.
- Experience with mixture interpretations using probabilistic
- Comparison of evidence from victims, scenes, or instruments of
incidents to evidence from suspects.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a team
- Professional certification such as American Board of
Criminalistics (ABC) is desired
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law PosterEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE, Atlanta , DNA Examiner III, Other , Forest Park, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!