Company: OCADO GROUP PLC
Location: Forest Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock
Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest
dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and
general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other
specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado's
innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart
Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world.
OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions,
running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick
of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary
software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a
world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to
transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We
have partnered with Kroger to help it redefine the grocery customer
experience in the United States through the adoption of the
centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the
Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing
world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting
global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The Robotics Operator will report directly to the respective shift
assigned Engineering Team Manager. The Robotics Operator's role
will be to provide first line support to the Operation through
monitoring the activities and efficiency of the Grid, Robots and
peripheral equipment in order to meet its KPI targets. This is a
hands-on role and, therefore, the candidate will need to adopt a
versatile and flexible approach to work as the site evolves;
relative to new software system implementations.
Daily Robotic Operator roles may involve:
* Investigate any stoppage on the grid which pauses the Operation
and see through to resolution, including escalating to off-site
support, remotely connecting to the Robots and communicating with
* Monitor Robot performance and appropriately escalate problems to
Engineering Operations for inspection.
* Monitor the status of both the Robots and the physical grid -
investigating locked grid cells, charging ports and general Robot
* Monitor Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition(SCADA) systems
to proactively communicate MHE downtime
* Align, priorities and monitor KPI's as defined by the ETM that
support the Customer's optimized service for its end
* Communicate across multiple departments to ensure the right
equipment is being used to maximize operational efficiency, and
assist with the planning.
* Coordinate Robot software roll-outs to keep the most up to date
software running across the Robot fleet.
The Robotics Operator may be asked to perform tasks as required by
management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is
a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive
or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and
duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and
duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the
job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of
If hired for a "Pre Go Live / Start Up" site, the initial 6 to 9
months will involve training and most likely require some travel in
order to obtain the training from another site in North America. In
the event the operation is undergoing its initial startup, the
daily responsibilities for this role may be different while
supporting the needs of a facility in its initial stages of
starting its operations. Once the facility is commissioned, the
roles defined in this job description will become the daily
responsibilities for the Robotic Operator.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following
* A minimum of two years' relevant experience in technology,
preferably in robotics and automation.
* A degree from a vocational or technical school in a relevant
field of study or an additional two years of relevant
* Possess excellent computer skills and be PC literate.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight
* Analytical approach to problem-solving.
* Experience working in an FMCG production, automated warehouse or
distribution center environment preferred.
* Be familiar with basic UNIX shell commands to connect to remote
hosts, authenticate and traverse the file system.
* Be able to work with log files and extract relevant log lines
through the application of commands used for file manipulation.
* Experience of working with computerized maintenance management
* Numerate and PC literate including G-Suite and MS Office
* Flexible to working a shift-based pattern including nights and
This role will require flexibility due to the facility being a 24/7
operation and a shift pattern will be utilized that will require
working days, nights and weekends.
* Ascending or descending ladders and stairs.
* Moving between worksites to accomplish tasks in tight and
* Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
a prolonged period.
* Adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions.
Work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
* Communicating with others to exchange information.
* Low temperatures and noisy environments.
You will be based at the Forest Park customer fulfillment center in
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to
explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado
Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division,
and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
* Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
* Meet Ocado, Kroger's Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War
with Amazon and Walmart
* Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability,
veteran's status, or any other classification as required by
Keywords: OCADO GROUP PLC, Atlanta , Robotics Operator, Other , Forest Park, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!