Company: YMCA of Atlanta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Sports Director or Coordinator, the
Sports Monitor will supervise specific programs including (but not
limited to): basketball, baseball, flag football, soccer,
volleyball, summer sports camps and recreation activities at
assigned site(s). The Sports Monitor is also responsible for
opening/closing sites and responding to various situations in order
to ensure safety for participants and spectators. This position
must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the
policies, goals, mission, values and objectives by the YMCA of
Minimum Requirements :
- Exemplify and accept YMCA values, ideals, leadership qualities,
and professional image.
- Must meet minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
- Must be able to independently get to the branch, gym, or fields
for games and practices.
- One year or more of related experience preferred.
- High degree of interpersonal communication, conflict
management, and customer service skills to tactfully enforce all
rules and regulations.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED,
state approved First Aid, new staff orientation, branch orientation
and emergency procedures.
- May involve movement of large and/or heavy equipment up to 60
lbs. (ie: soccer/basketball goals, volleyball nets, sports
equipment, uniforms, etc.)
- May involve being outdoors for long periods of time.
- Must be available nights and weekends.
- Pass the criminal background check and drug screening.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the
program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Assists in recruiting program participants on a continual
- Coach a variety of sports programs that include: baseball,
basketball, cheerleading, soccer, volleyball, etc.
- Assists in monitoring sports practices, games, and/or
- Assists in setting up, monitoring, maintaining, and securing
all supplies, equipment, and buildings. Ensures cleanliness and
safety of facilities. Reports any problems to supervisor.
- Assists other staff. Answer inquiries from
participants/parents/volunteers and provides information or seeks
the answers to provide in a timely manner.
- Responsible for opening and closing the facilities on evenings
- Must perform duties in accordance with the policies, goals,
mission, values, and objectives established by the Metropolitan
Atlanta YMCA, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety Protocols Including
COVID, Member Services Guidelines, and Non-Negotiables. Emphasis
will be placed on member service, program knowledge, member/staff
safety, and communication with members and staff.
- Implements the YMCA safety protocol both related to COVID and
- Responds to safety and emergency situations and
maintains/reports accurate incident/accident forms.
Mission: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values of caring, honesty,
respect and responsibility; demonstrates a desire to serve others
and fulfill community needs; recruits volunteers and supports
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different
backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions; builds rapport;
seeks first to understand others' point of view and remains calm;
speaks and writes effectively; takes initiative.
Operational Effectiveness: Strive to meet or exceed goals and
deliver a high-value experience for members; Makes sound judgments
and transfers knowledge from one situation to another; establishes
goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in
meetings; follows policies and procedures; strives for best
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development; demonstrates an openness
to change; is emotionally mature.
Ergonomic Requirements : Bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to
60 pounds, seeing, verbal communication and hearing.
Effect of end Result:
Children and Families will experience a high-quality sport
instruction and skill development. The effectiveness of this
position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of
members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment
in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Northwest Cobb YMCA Associated topics: electrician, facilities,
groundskeeper, locker room associate, locker room attendant, public
safety, reservationist, service, staff, turf
Keywords: YMCA of Atlanta, Atlanta , Sports Monitor, Other , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!