Day Camp Specialty Instructor - Tennis Pro Clinic
Company: Summit Family YMCA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope :
Under the direction of the Half Day Sports & Water Camp Lead, the
Specialty Instructor will be primarily responsible for supporting
the Day Camp program and for the successful achievement of
providing guidance, safety, leadership, values education and
enjoyment for children served by camp. The Specialty Instructor
will be instrumental in leading programming that is focuses on
specialized topics that will enrich the overall day camp program.
They are responsible for implementing lesson plans focused on
specific skill development in a fun and engaging manner.
This individual will be responsible for creating AND implementing
the lesson plan for the campers throughout the week, this
- Teaching Tennis through the use of the games approach and
through effectively planned activities at an age appropriate
- Organizing and coaching the players to participate in the games
- Encouraging safe play, providing an enjoyable environment, and
giving each child an equal opportunity to participate.
- High School Diploma in progress or completed.
- 1-2 years' experience working with children in a structured
- Required certifications current First Aid/CPR;must obtain any
other certifications required for the position.
- Complete PPE and safety protocol training prior to first
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to
service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check.
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation.
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout
- Perform COVID 19 safety procedures and all other necessary
protocols before, during, and post camp.
- To include: Personal temperature checks, camper and parent
temperature checks and prescreen questions, sanitation of camp
- Develop social distancing activities as needed.
- Implementation of programming that promotes social distancing
and Safety Protocol
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the
position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding day camp
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all day camp
programs run smoothly with a high level of service to
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR, Metro
Atlanta YMCA New Staff Orientation and Branch off-site Emergency
procedures and any other required certifications and/or training
required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident
- Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES BASED ON NEEDS SPECIFIC TO ROLE:
- Be able to maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff
- Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for
- Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children.
- Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to
- Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all
- Be able to participate effectively with other staff in
implementing creative and fun camp activities for camp.
- Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA
and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
- Communicate positively with parents and staff as required.
- Attend all staff camp trainings.
- This position is a half day instructor position.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of
the Day Camp program and the success of services to the community.
The effectiveness of this
position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of
members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment
in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Ability to work actively while supervising children. Ability to
climb, walk, run, stoop, squat or kneel. Ability to lift and carry
equipment to appropriate destinations or affect the carrying of
such equipment. Ability to use senses which enable safe supervision
including seeing and/or hearing. It's fun to work in an
organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
Summit Family YMCA Associated topics: academic, aquatics, camp
staff, coordinator, day camp, fws, program, ride attendant, school,
Keywords: Summit Family YMCA, Atlanta , Day Camp Specialty Instructor - Tennis Pro Clinic, Other , Newnan, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!