Communications Traveling Intern
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply
now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the
application process on the follow-up screen. *The American Junior
Golf Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the overall
growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn
college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
The AJGA is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive
environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe in
embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to
accomplish our mission of developing golf's next generation.
The backbone of the AJGA is its internship program and we are
looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as
communications interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout
the United States during the internship to help conduct national
junior golf tournaments.
- Execute the AJGA's social media and promotional plans
- Photography / videography (shoot and edit)
- Create short and long-form content for the AJGA website and
- Create activation plans for AJGA sponsors
- Create sponsor impact content before, during and after an
- Conduct interviews
- Work with local media
- Write and publish features and web stories
- Serve as on-course rules official, start and score players, and
assist with overall operations as needed
- Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
- Public speaking
- Customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in photography, video, graphic design and/or social
- Excellent communication, public speaking, content creation and
public relations skills
- Basic golf knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with the ability to
work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent motivation, organization, communication, and work
- Willingness to take an active leadership role among diverse set
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere
- Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license for a minimum of three
- Must complete a Georgia Department of Transportation physical
(expenses covered by the AJGA)
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor's
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Work outside in extreme weather, temperatures, and direct sun
- Drive and operate a golf cart, company vehicles and travel via
- Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies
/ cameras / computers
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Must follow all AJGA COVID-19 protocols
- Spring and Summer Season (March 7, 2022 - May 10, 2022 / May
18, 2022 - September 8, 2022)
- Dates are subject to change. End dates can be
- The AJGA will compensate interns the hourly federal minimum
wage ($7.25) plus time and one-half for overtime worked.
- Spring Interns on average will work 40 - 55 hours per week
- Summer Interns on average will work 50 - 65 hours per week
- The internship is 100% travel. You will travel week in, week
out to different cities & states. The AJGA organizes all lodging in
a combination of hotels, rental properties, and local-family
- The AJGA will compensate most tournament-related expenses (all
lodging, gas, laundry and some food).
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid
in full by the AJGA but travel home at the end of the internship is
on the intern.
- Each intern will be provided with clothing and shoes.
- In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In
this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual
if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are
located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
- Spring Deadline: October 15, 2021
- **Spring candidate finalists will be required to partake in
Virtual Intern Recruiting Week November 8 - 12. Your commitment
will be 3 hours virtually over the span of this week.
- Summer Deadline: January 7, 2022
- **Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a
mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 25 - 27, 2022. Travel,
food and lodging will be covered.
- ***In light of COVID-19, there is a possibility Intern
Recruiting Weekend will be virtual. This will be determined by
January 7, 2022.
Keywords: AEG, Atlanta , Communications Traveling Intern, Other , Braselton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!