Carl Sanders Family Buckhead - Day Camp Counselor
Company: YMCA of Atlanta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals
with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare
locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than
25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve
kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest
provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia,
the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the
teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare
teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in
healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs
designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active.
A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids,
our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about
meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be
focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our
cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to
Under the direction of the Day Camp Lead, the Camp Counselor will
be primarily responsible for supporting the Day Camp program and
for the successful achievement of providing guidance, safety,
leadership, values education and enjoyment for children served by
- High School Diploma in progress or completed.
- 1-2 years' experience working with children in a structured
- Required certifications current First Aid/CPR;must obtain any
other certifications required for the position.
- Complete PPE and safety protocol training prior to first
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to
service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Knowledge of the outdoors and environmental education.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check.
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation.
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout
- Perform COVID 19 safety procedures and all other necessary
protocols before, during, and post camp.
- To include: Personal temperature checks, camper and parent
temperature checks and prescreen questions, sanitation of camp
- Develop social distancing activities as needed.
- Implementation of programming that promotes social distancing
and Safety Protocol
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the
position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding day camp
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all day camp
programs run smoothly with a high level of service to
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR, Metro
Atlanta YMCA New Staff Orientation and Branch off-site Emergency
procedures and any other required certifications and/or training
required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident
- Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES BASED ON NEEDS SPECIFIC TO ROLE:
- Be able to maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff
- Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for
- Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children.
- Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to
- Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all
- Be able to participate effectively with other staff in
implementing creative and fun camp activities for camp.
- Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA
and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
- Communicate positively with parents and staff as required.
- Attend all staff camp trainings.
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection, in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in
what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to
communities where everyone belongs.
Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA BkHd Associated topics: aquatics,
branch, day camp, instructor, residential, science, site, student,
summer camp, unit
Keywords: YMCA of Atlanta, Atlanta , Carl Sanders Family Buckhead - Day Camp Counselor, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!