Early Learning Assistant Teacher
Company: YMCA of Atlanta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals
with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare
locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than
25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve
kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest
provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia,
the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the
teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare
teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in
healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs
designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active.
A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids,
our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about
meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be
focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our
cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to
Ensure School Readiness/Academic Instruction:
1. Utilize the curriculum goals and objectives to assist the lead
teacher in developing lesson plans to support the early learning
standards and include educational experiences in Language/Literacy,
Math, Science, Social Studies, Creative (Music, Art and Drama),
Social & Emotional, and Physical Development .
2. Develop individual relationships with children by providing care
that is responsive attentive, consistent, comforting, supportive,
and culturally sensitive.
3. Assist in activities that relate to the weekly studies and
extend on what they know about each student's interest and their
4. Implement family style meals, sit and eat with children, and
engage them in conversation.
5. Maintain compliance with the Y's Way to the Creative Curriculum
goals and objectives.
6. Arrange the learning environment to support learning content
areas and ITERS and ECERS criteria.
Empower Healthy Living/Health & Safety
1. Follow the design that has been created to protect the
children's Health and Safety at all times. This includes, but is
not limited to, ensuring that all Physical Hazards are always
inaccessible to students.
2. Assist in creating an environment that prevents challenging or
disruptive behaviors through - classroom strategies/designs,
effective transitions and engaging activities.
3. Use positive redirection to address inappropriate behaviors.
Behavior charts cannot be displayed in Pre-K classrooms. No
employee can use any form of corporal punishment as a method of
discipline. Any violation will be grounds for automatic termination
. Teachers are mandated reporters and are required by law to report
the witnessing of inappropriate discipline or knowledge of child
4. Provides adequate supervision as defined by BFTS, Quality Rated,
and the YMCA of children during all activities (indoors & outdoors)
as well as during all times when children are under their direct
care. Any lack of supervision that results in an injury of a
student can be grounds for immediate termination.
5. Must obtain First Aid/CPR & 10 hour Health & Safety Orientation
(BFTS) within 30 days of hire and maintain the certification.
6. Follows and teaches health practices relating to Hand-washing
and Basic Hygiene Practices.
7. Complete Incident Reports and to follow the required
documentation steps and protocol in reporting the incident to the
Directors and families immediately.
Assessments and Evaluations (with the direction of the Lead
1. Maintain assessment records to meet GOLD guidelines. This
includes, but is not limited to, following the schools Assessment
Timeline for evaluation of each student development and
organization of student portfolios.
2. Provide updates regarding each student's development during
parent/teacher conferences. These conferences must be held at a
minimum of two times per school term and any additional
conferences, as required. These conferences shall contain positive
and developmental information rather than reports of behavior
related incidents and child's areas of concerns.
3. Conduct Brigance screenings for all students within the
Family and Volunteer Engagement:
1. Teachers use a variety of formal and informal strategies to
become acquainted with and learn from families about their family
culture and structure.
2. Teachers (lead & assistant) and families work together to plan
activities for student and teachers strongly encourage family
involvement during all branch activities and events.
3. Recruits volunteers and In-kind Contributions to support program
1. Teachers evaluate and improve their own performance based on
ongoing reflection and feedback from supervisor, peers and
families. Teachers develop a staff development plan with their
2. Must attend all trainings that are guided and selected to ensure
BFTS and YMCA training requirements are met.
3. Utilize planning time to help develop lesson plans (with lead
teacher) and other task to support the overall program goals.
4. Commit to an agreed upon work schedule and is flexible, if
needed to adjust hours with little notice .
5. Attends Pre-service, In-service and any special training
sessions required by the program.
6. Teachers must to be prepared to meet all Partnership Training
Requirements which include Rollins Center, PCA Start for Life.
7. Perform other duties as related to the delivery of a quality
- Complete daily "pre-screen" on Workday prior to arriving.
- Temperature check will be assessed at arrival, noon & departure
each shift worked.
- Masks must always be worn during the day.
- Gloves are needed when changing diapers & mealtime. Must change
gloves in between each child.
- Sanitizing all toys/chairs/door handles frequently after each
- Ensuring all children & staff are maintaining social distancing
guidelines throughout the building.
- Provide each child with their own set of materials to reduce
the spread of germs.
- Open & closing shift- all tables & counters wiped down.
- Will follow best practices set forth by BFTS, CDC and YMCA of
Metro Atlanta cleaning, sanitizing, and social distancing
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. CDA (required), TCC (preferred) or higher credential
3. Have at least 1 year of experience working with children
4. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
5. Must submit a cleared GCIC and NCIC before working.
6. TB screening and a Physical must be submitted before working.
Has this changed?
Ergonomic Requirements: Bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to
40 pounds, seeing, verbal communication and hearing. Annual TB and
Physical results submitted.
Effect of end Result:
Children and Families will experience a high-quality pre-school
program. Children will be supervised at all times. Staff will
comply with all rules and regulations of BFTS, Quality Rated, and
the YMCA. The program will remain in compliance at all times with
Bright from the Start and all polices that are set forth by YMCA of
Under the direction of the Center Director, Assistant Director &
Education Manager the Early Learning Lead Teacher is responsible
for the delivery of a high-quality educational experience for the
children and families under his/her care. Must implement the
program based on the programs goal and objectives. All decisions
must be guided by the YMCA, Bright from the Start licensing, and
Quality Rated. Parent involvement is critical to the impact and
success of the overall program.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in
what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to
communities where everyone belongs.
East Lake Family YMCA Associated topics: accountant iii,
administrative assistant ii, administrative assistant iii,
administrator, adminv, analyst ii, public relations specialist,
relations, secretary, support analyst
Keywords: YMCA of Atlanta, Atlanta , Early Learning Assistant Teacher, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!