Licensed Practical Nurse, Skilled Nursing
Posted on: October 14, 2021
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the
face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals
who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions
to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and
with, our patients, their families, the community and each
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to
share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the
world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission
to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to
preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments
years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
The shift of this position is 7am to 7:30pm
- Provides a variety of skilled nursing care activities for
residents in a skilled care nursing facility. Administers IVs and
medications. Assists with diagnostic procedures.
- Observes and records patient's condition and progress. Assists
physicians and registered nurses in the comfort, care, and
treatment of patients. Serves as Nurse (LPN) in Charge of a nursing
unit as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required. Operates specialized
medical equipment common to assigned work area.
- Assists in maintaining equipment and related supplies. Performs
basic assessment of patient and monitors response to interventions.
Reports observations to appropriate personnel.
- Obtains vital signs and measurements. Safely performs
designated nursing procedures and other measures per competency
management process while following appropriate policies.
- Administers and records routine medications following
appropriate standards of care. Administers primary IV fluids and
designated medications; monitors infusions of epidural and patient
controlled analgesia medications.
- Assists in monitoring controlled substances. Provides emotional
and physical comfort and safety for patients. Assists with hygiene,
nourishment (feeding and enteral feedings), and related personal
care for both ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients.
- Monitors patient response to nourishment and enteral feeding
flow rates and irrigation.
- Performs venipuncture to administer fluids, medicine, blood
and/or withdraw blood.
- May assist with various diagnostic procedures. Provides input
into the patient care plan including discharge planning;
coordinates care with professional and support staff.
- Implements appropriate critical pathways. Establishes and
maintains communications with the health care team, patient, and
family. Teaches patient and family and reinforces as
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
development. Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
Accesses and enters information on administration of medicines,
technical and physical observations of patients in accordance with
- Maintains confidentiality of information. Maintains clean, safe
and therapeutic environment for patient in compliance with
Universal Precautions guidelines and safety standards.
- May assist with research projects.
- As necessary, assists with admission, transfer and discharge of
patients, fluid intake and output and appropriate recording,
collection of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Licensed as a Practical
Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Currently certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), and
- One year experience in long term care preferred. Successful
completion of an IV therapy training program, or recent clinical
experience in IV therapy preferred.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Licensed Practical Nurse, Skilled Nursing, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!