Registered Respiratory Therapist, Senior, Full Time, 7p - 7:30a
Posted on: October 14, 2021
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the
face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals
who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions
to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and
with, our patients, their families, the community and each
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to
share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the
world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission
to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to
preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments
years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
- Provides respiratory care to patients in acute, chronic, and
emergency situations within established organizational
- May supervise staff, direct the workflow, and assist in
developing work schedules.
- Coordinates the use and maintenance of specialized equipment
and evaluates treatment modalities for appropriateness.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Equipment and Supplies: Selects, assembles, and checks
respiratory care equipment for proper function, operation, and
cleanliness; performs minor repairs to correct malfunctions.
- Coordinates the use of specialized equipment to ensure its
proper placement and availability.
- Schedules equipment and makes daily checks of oxygen,
compressed air and vacuum line pressures.
- Reviews patient/ventilator adjustment decisions and equipment
applications for appropriateness.
- Evaluates equipment and makes purchasing recommendations.
- Management/Supervision: Administers and communicates policies,
procedures and related forms in accordance with state, federal, and
- May supervise staff and manage employee performance.
- Provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems,
orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies
and suggests ways to develop skills.
- Monitors workflow. May assist in developing staff work
schedules to ensure adequate coverage; maintains records pertaining
to approved leave requests for accurate coordination.
- Professional Development: Works with manager to formulate plan
for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Reporting/Data Management: Accurately and completely documents
respiratory care by following the established charting procedure to
show the patient's progress or any changes in the patient's
- Safety, Security and Health: Practices universal and/or
specialized precautions in the daily cleaning and sterilization of
work surfaces, equipment, and instruments.
- Staff Resource: May conduct in-service educational programs
relating to respiratory care issues and provide staff members with
training and continuing education on an on-going basis.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for
- Two years' experience in Respiratory Care.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) by the state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the
American Heart Association required.
(Medium) 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25
lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the
workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to
25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional
sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing),
Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the
assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but
are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous
waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation , Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators, environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Senior, Full Time, 7p - 7:30a, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!