Sterile Processing Technician, Lead, 1:30p-10p
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The shift for this position is 1:30p-10p
- Assembles surgical instrument trays and pans and delivers
sterilized items to the operating room.
- Assembles special procedure trays for such complex surgeries as
open heart, transplant, major orthopedic surgeries, neurosurgical,
laparoscopic, and spine surgeries.
- Uses computer to scan PIC tickets on instrument trayus and case
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment such as
washers, sterilizers, sonic cleaners and cart washers.
- Restocks prep areas with supplies and takes inventory of
sterile instrument pans and trays.
- May retrieve contaminated equipment, supplies, trays and
instruments from patient care areas for cleaning and
- May collect needles and sharps containers from Operating Room
for proper disposal.
- Monitors all sterilization equipment by testing and recording
- Assists in training staff in the identification of surgical
insturments and individual pans.
- Delegates assignments and adjusts work flow to meet the most
- Provides input on employee performance in job conferences.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in sterile processing.
- Registered as a Central Service Technician.
- Experience with computer software.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to
prioritize and delegate assignments.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Technician, Lead, 1:30p-10p, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!