Sr. IT Project Manager/Program Manager
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 14, 2021
What Will You Be A Part Of?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Sr. IT Project Manager for
our Analytical Instruments Group (AIG). The Project Manager should
have experience managing data and analytics projects. The Project
Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned projects and
programs from project initiation through delivery using SAFe,
Agile, and waterfall processes. The primary responsibility is to
drive and lead finance projects with diverse internal teams
focusing on the AIG Finance business units to meet project
objectives and metrics. Based on thorough analyses, you will
facilitate the evaluation and prioritization of projects and enable
the AIG leadership team to make strategic decisions. You’ll prepare
the executive-level presentations for internal as well as external
This role works closely with AIG Finance PMO Leaders, Project
Managers and Project Sponsors, and all other business partners to
continually improve project execution using agile methodologies.
This role will be responsible for identifying and developing
solutions and processes to increase project efficiencies,
effectiveness and continuous improvements.
What Will You Do?
- Lead / support the finance project portfolio execution using
tools including but not limited to: Plan View, Excel, and other
standard apps to ensure (Agile or Waterfall) Project Management
framework is employed.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all
relevant partners and ensure resource availability and
- Ensure that all projects are delivered timely, within scope and
within budget by use of a detailed project plan to track progress
and action logs. Perform risk management to minimize project
- Inform executive leadership on program status, raising to
management as needed!
- Organize and lead project meetings and compile project status
report to partners and project team to get results to schedule and
develop resolutions to mitigation risks/issues.
- Support Business and Group level business and finance partners
to define optimal use cases that meet business strategic and
- Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in
project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools
How Will You Get Here?
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science/Technical subject area along with
significant Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or CSM/CSPO
is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in IT project management with solid track
record in successfully leading projects from start to finish using
Agile or waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and scrum teams that
interface effectively with team members and across multiple
departments & regions/countries
- Solid understanding of formal project management
- Good understanding of resource management and capacity planning
– previous experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong familiarity with project management standards and
methodologies including PMI Body of Knowledge, Waterfall and
- Well organized with the ability to work within time and budget
constraints and deliver work to the highest standard
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational influence skills
- Working understanding of MS Office suite, project management
tools, PlanView, Jira, Power BI, Sharpcloud
- Good understanding of financial concepts and accounting
- Aptitude for prioritizing, handling and ability to lead and
motivate change management
- Continuous passion for process and delivery improvements
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Atlanta , Sr. IT Project Manager/Program Manager, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!