Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, Atlanta, GA, plant is
seeking qualified candidates to fill General Labor Positions in the
production dept. This is an entry level, hourly position,
$15.38/hour, $.65 shift premium for night shift, where advancement
in operations is expected. The ideal candidate will have a strong
commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a
demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to
succeed and advance in the company.
How you will Impact WestRock:
· Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment,
follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
· Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift,
push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and
kneel throughout the entire shift.
· Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement, do basic
math, and some computer skills.
· General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
· Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
· Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
· Product Identification and Labeling
· Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
· Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation
and report questionable conditions
· Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing
functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and
free from debris
What you need to succeed
· HS diploma or GED required.
· 12-hour shifts, 6:00pm-6:00am 36 hours one week, 48 hours next
week set schedule.
· Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work
· Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and
have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on
· Good communication skills including the ability to interact
with other levels of management and staff.
· Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Must be flexible on shift.
· Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability,
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work.
You must also submit your application on our company website by
Shift start: 6:00AM or 6:00PM
Shift length: 12 hours
36 hours one week, 48 hours next week
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement), do basic
math, and some computer skills. Industrial manufacturing experience
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
WestRock Company manufactures and sells paper and packaging
solutions for the consumer and corrugated markets in North America,
South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates
through three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging,
and Land and Development. The Corrugated Packaging segment produces
containerboards, corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging, and
preprinted linerboards for consumer and industrial products
manufacturers, and corrugated box manufacturers.