Fleet Maintence Techician
Company: First Transit
Posted on: July 22, 2021
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle
bus, and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet
Technician serving Emory University!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages up to $25 are based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- We offer multiple shift
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation days, and personal days.
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Remove and replace the engine, transmission, and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid CDL required or must be willing to obtain within
9 months of hire date.
- 3+ years of automotive gas or diesel repair employment
experience or a combination of education & experience is
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Atlanta , Fleet Maintence Techician, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!