To apply go to our website: http://southerndentalalliance.com/careers/
There is a signing bonus that includes a year commitment of
Purpose and summary of role
The Dental Hygienist will provide oral care such as debridement,
hand scaling and regular cleanings to patients and provide them
with information to assist with developing and maintaining good
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Current licensures as a Dental Hygienist
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must pass criminal background check
Preferred Education and Experience
- Local Anesthesia certified
- Ability to connect with patients.
- Driven and works with a sense of urgency.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
- Professional, courteous and approachable demeanor.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Current CPR certification.
- Employee may be required to submit to an annual Tuberculosis
(TB) and Rubella screening.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using
established dental hygienist procedures.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for
- Assesses the nature and extent of dental, periodontics and
associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients.
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient by analyzing
medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective
therapeutic treatment plans.
- Uses patient screening procedures to include medical history
review, dental charting and periodontal charting.
- Takes patient vital signs as required.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint of patient.
- Records and reports pertinent observations and patient
reactions to dental staff, as appropriate.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical
- Sets up and prepares dental equipment and instrumentation in
accordance with established regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient
admission, transfer and discharge process, as required.
- Prepares reports and assists as required with patient
reception, telephone calls, routine triage and other office
- Performs patient education, discharge planning and
patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide direct patient care to patients, including scaling and
prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and
related procedures, under the general supervision of a dentist
- Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review
patients' medical history
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and
- Follow all OSHA and HIPAA laws and regulations.
- The job description provides a framework for the job and is not
an all-inclusive list of duties required for this job, other duties
may be assigned as necessary.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Patient/Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management.
This job operates in a medical/clinical environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The employee frequently is required to talk and hear; stand for
long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or
physical risks, which will require OSHA training.
Position Type and Expectations of Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday 35-40 hours a week.
Some travel to various practices may be required.