Life Enrichment Director (LED) - Renaissance on Peachtree
Company: Cedarhurst Senior Living
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a Full-Time
Life Enrichment Director (Activities Director) within the
Cedarhurst Living organization! If youre looking for a rewarding
opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about
the people it serves apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as
such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate
health care services and support to residents in our Independent
Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach
to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by
respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We
believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they
are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to
About the role
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in serving our residents to the
best of our ability. This includes providing our residents with
quality activities daily that promote a level of health, well
being, engagement and growth. As a Life Enrichment Director at
Cedarhurst Living you will coordinate, schedule and conduct a
variety of activities that aide in enriching the lives of our
residents. You will be responsible for assisting in the
preparation, organization and implementation of holiday programs
and special events at the community. Additionally, you will be
responsible for resident engagement and participation in community
activities, providing encouragement and ongoing communication to
residents and their families. You will work alongside the Executive
Director to ensure our residents needs are being met in relation to
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence, understand the
importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are
passionate about seniors. You thrive on building relationships with
a goal of making a difference in peoples lives. You will promote
our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs,
and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our
servant-heart standards of operation
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is
not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may
be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Associate Degree, or degree from a technical school with one to
three years related experience and/or training required.
- Preferred background/education in Sociology or Recreational
Therapy, or an Activity Director Certification.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along
with the heart and passion to work with older adults while
providing the best care possible.
- Conduct or make arrangements for the implementation of programs
in their absence by qualified staff or volunteers.
- Organize, prepare, schedule and conduct activities programs
that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and
spiritual opportunities for the residents. Posts and distributes
the calendar of events throughout the community and to family
- Initiate and direct activity programming, both within and
outside the building, in accordance with the structure outlined in
the activities policy, on a daily basis, including weekends and
- Schedule and arrange resident medical and activity
- Attends all community planned functions and coordinates event
from beginning to end including setup, running, and breaking down
for the event.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and Life Enrichment
Coordinators, as needed.
- Helps plan appropriate programs for holidays and special events
and coordinates holiday decorations for the community.
- Assists with development and distribution of community
- Meets with or participates in meetings with new residents to
- Provides ongoing communication with residents and, as
necessary, family members.
- Maintains or assists with maintaining a database and prepares
reports on resident assessments, participation and
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the
ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from
management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and
beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are
comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong
sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions
regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of
opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
What you need to know when considering a career with
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect
for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence,
dignity and individuality. We believe its important to take time to
get to get to know the residents youll be serving and to put into
practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy trust is earned by outstanding service and
dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to
listen, assist and above all else care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them
with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the
attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable together we are family. Honest care and
personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a
high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and
friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the
overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and
leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life
experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we
encourage you to apply. Be part of making a true difference in our
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst Senior Living, Atlanta , Life Enrichment Director (LED) - Renaissance on Peachtree, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!