Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a
debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly
serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for
sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing
chores, automating allowance and investing.
But that's not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a
mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be
financially healthy and happy. It's no small task, but it's the
reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because
creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
As we continue building and scaling our cloud-native systems and
services, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to
help keep our projects running smoothly. The ideal candidate will
collaborate with product teams to ensure that services and features
operate at an established level of availability, performance,
observability, and maintainability (and help to define the SLI/SLO
for new products). Our SREs work closely with our Operational Tools
team to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is as efficient as
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher, Argo CD
- Rest, gRPC, graphQL
- React, Redux, Swift, Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go, Python
What you will be doing:
- Act as a conduit between product development and platform
engineering teams to ensure services meet defined SLA/SLO (and help
to define these for new products)
- Work to bring efficiency and standardization to our incident
command practices and norms
- Keep close to your sibling team Operational Tools to ensure our
CI/CD pipeline is efficient and automated.
- Be accountable for metrics and monitoring of team services in
production providing data and transparency that helps to support or
define SLOs for a product.
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase
availability, reliability, and scalability in a microservices
- Build and improve engineering tooling, process, and standards
to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly
repeatable application delivery.
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a large scale product in Java or
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting for services
and establishing SLOs for services. (We use DataDog, but other tool
experience is fine.)
- 2+ years of experience working in a cloud-native ecosystem (We
use AWS, but we'll consider other cloud experience).
- 2+ years building/troubleshooting/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
(we use jenkins and github actions and runners, but will consider
experience with other CI/CD tooling)
- 1+ years of experience working with Terraform is a plus.
Who we are:
In 2021, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading
venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a
special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission
like ours. We need people who love working with each other because
they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask,
"How can I help?" and then "How can we make this even better?" If
you're ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a
generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age,
color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by
federal state, or local law.
Keywords: Greenlight, Atlanta , Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!