Physical Therapist Assistant - Outpatient Eagles Landing, Full-time
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Performs therapy procedures and care plans, in accordance with
accepted standards, under the direction of a licensed
- Supervises support staff.
- Performs administrative duties in support of patient care and
- Assists with activities which support department operations
including maintenance of an established inventory of supplies;
ensures the proper use and maintenance of equipment; and maintains
a work area which is free of debris and clutter.
- Plans individual treatment schedules to provide optimal use of
staff and equipment for the provision of high quality patient
- Performs treatments in keeping with the patient's
individualized plan of care.
- Monitors patient's response to therapy or treatment; recognizes
regression or progression and reports pertinent information to the
- Instructs and trains patient and family regarding pertinent
aspects of the patient's care.
- Participates with other members of the patient care team to
plan for the continued care, support and follow-up of the patient
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Follows established protocols for documentation specific to the
- Accurately records daily charges for services rendered.
- Observes organizational and universal standards for infection
control in carrying out daily responsibilities, including proper
cleaning and sterilization of surfaces, equipment and
- Conducts in-service programs, provides other staff with
training and serves as a clinical instructor to students.
- Responds to requests for professional information or advice and
refers complex matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends team conferences when appropriate; works cooperatively
with other team members to maintain consistency in the provision of
high quality, result oriented service.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduation from a Physical Therapy Assistant School accredited
by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of
- BLS certification required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work
day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently);
10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors;
Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold
Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting ; Patient
care/handling injuries; Radiation ; Shift work; Travel may be
required; Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Physical Therapist Assistant - Outpatient Eagles Landing, Full-time, Other , Stockbridge, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!