Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 76837
Prepares and delivers all infant feedings. Adheres to sanitary
regulations and standards established by regulating agencies and
healthcare facility. Operates equipment needed to prepare feedings.
Documents temperature and sanitation logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- Experience in word processing
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to follow verbal direction
- Ability to read, write, and perform necessary mathematics tasks
at high school level or above
- Prepares and delivers feedings as ordered.
- Verifies new orders and obtains standardized recipes.
- Prepares formula according to established written formulations,
following established feeding preparation procedures.
- Uses correct technique to measure powders and liquids.
- Packages and labels individual formulas according to
- Delivers prepared and ready-to-feed formula to patient care
area and removes previously prepared infant feedings from patient
care area according to procedure.
- Uses clinical information system to print labels.
- Maintains equipment and sanitation logs.
- Maintains environment of formula room.
- Cleans and sanitizes work surfaces before and after each
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage areas according to
- Follows aseptic technique.
- Follows department and infection control policies regarding
- Maintains daily appearance and personal hygiene according to
- Uses appropriate clothes and gowning procedures in formula
- Checks equipment for proper operation and reports problems to
appropriate department and supervisor.
- Assists in training other employees in feeding preparation and
proper handling techniques as needed.
- Prepares monthly quality assurance report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for
the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports
compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40
lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of time)
Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health - Nutrition