Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last
40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.
The Medical Assistant performs both clinical and administrative
duties. The Medical Assistant supports patient care by taking
medical histories and recording vital signs of patients as well as
administrative duties such as requesting and updating patient
medical records, filing and preparing correspondence for patients
or members of the healthcare team.
- Greet and escort patient to exam room, gather patient history,
measure vital signs and document all information in patient medical
- Assists physicians in preparing and conducting office
- Give instructions to patients as directed by physician,
advanced practitioner or nursing staff.
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Ensure exam rooms are clean and stocked with adequate medical
supplies, maintain instruments and prepare sterilization as
- Screens telephone calls for referrals to nurse or
- Triage and process messages from patients, front office staff,
referring physicians and pharmacies to physicians.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for
reports and records as requested.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates
a caring attitude toward patients and family.
- Treats all patients and their families with dignity and
- Follows universal precautions, OSHA standards and HIPAA
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Performs other assigned duties as directed.
Education Level: Diploma from an accredited program for Medical
Assistants required. MA Certification preferred.
Experience Years: 1+ years' experience in office based setting
Experience Industry: Healthcare
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Maintain CPR certification.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or