Certified Medication Technician/Aide - CMT/CMA/L1MA (FT) - Canton
Company: Cedarhurst Senior Living
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a full-time
Certified Med Tech, Certified Med Aide/Level 1 Med Aide/Level 1 Med
Aide insulin certified (evening shift w/weekend rotation) within
the Cedarhurst Living organization! If youre looking for a
rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly
cares about the people it serves apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as
such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate
health care services and support to residents in our Independent
Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach
to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by
respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We
believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they
are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to
About the role
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in an active approach to
resident care, not just passive maintenance. As a Med Tech with
Cedarhurst, you will promote the delivery of resident care
utilizing a team approach in conjunction with the resident
assistants, nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary team
such as lifestyles, dining services and housekeeping. Your role
will be as a primary provider of resident care and distribution of
medications and, in addition, will be to promote physical, personal
and emotional well-being of each resident and strive to maintain
the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum
level of self-care and independence, when possible.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence and understand
the importance of quality, person centered, care. In addition, you
understand the importance and value of communication regarding the
residents care and wellbeing with community staff, as well as with
the residents family members. We view our residents in our
community as family and we strive to provide each and every one
with the best care possible.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and must have current state
certification for corresponding role (Certified Med Tech, Certified
Med Aid/Level 1 Med Aide/Level 1 Med Aide insulin certified)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is preferred.
- Must have at least one (1) year of related work experience,
preferably in senior care, and possess a general knowledge of laws
and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid
understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care
within senior living.
- Provide direct resident care services including medicine
distribution to residents. Follow individualized plan of care for
- Perform resident assessments as required by the state
standards/regulations and facility policy, under the direction of
the Director of Nursing.
- Observe residents for change in condition and report any
changes immediately to supervisor and/or the Executive
- Provide timely interventions to change of condition and share
this with care staff and family as instructed.
- Complete and maintain current individualized care plan for each
- Provide interim documentation as required to resident file.
Attend all scheduled interdisciplinary resident care meetings.
- Check and record vital signs, weights, and blood sugars, as
- Provide for/assist residents with activities of daily living as
needed, including bathing/showering to schedule, oral care,
toileting, dressing, etc.
- Assist residents with transfers and ambulation as directed,
using proper body mechanics, and respond to urgent calls as
- Oversees and manages medications delivery system to include
timely order entry, receipt and tracking as well as daily MAR
documentation, narcotic count, and checking in medications in
timely manner as assigned to ensure resident compliance to
medication regime. Notifies pharmacy and supervisor of issues and
seeks to resolve in timely manner.
- Provide glucose monitoring and administration of insulin
(applicable for CMTs and insulin-certified CMAs only)
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the
ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from
management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and
beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are
comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong
sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions
regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of
opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft
Office & electronic health records (EHR) systems
What you need to know when considering a career with
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect
for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence,
dignity and individuality. We believe its important to take time to
get to get to know the residents youll be serving and to put into
practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy trust is earned by outstanding service and
dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to
listen, assist and above all else care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them
with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the
attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable together we are family. Honest care and
personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a
high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and
friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the
overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and
leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life
experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we
encourage you to apply. Be part of making a true difference in our
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst Senior Living, Atlanta , Certified Medication Technician/Aide - CMT/CMA/L1MA (FT) - Canton, Other , Canton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!