Counselor - Grades 9-12 (2021-2022 School Year)
Company: Henry County Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
220 Day Position
190 Day Teacher Salary Scale plus 30 days at the daily rate and
a $1500.00 annual supplement. The 2021-2022 salary scales have not
yet been approved. The 2020-2021 salary scales are attached for
All new Henry County Schools' educators are required to attend
Educator Launch ~ July 19th-23rd, 2021.
Ola High School seeks a counselor who:
- Is student-centered and believes all students can be
- Maintains confidentiality
- Is a team player
- Is comfortable working with students in all high school grade
- Is prepared to conduct one-on-one counseling
- Is prepared to facilitate small groups that address critical
- Seeks community resources to help students, when necessary
- Will be willing to sponsor or coach an extra-curricular
activity or sport
School Counselors are directly responsible to their principals.
The School Counselor shall:
1.) Promote the school system's counseling program by:
- Possessing the knowledge, abilities, skills, and attitudes
necessary to plan, organize, implement and evaluate a
comprehensive, developmental, results-based school counseling
- Proving system support through effective school counseling
program management and support for other educational programs.
- Providing responsive services through the effective use of
individual and small-group counseling, consultation and referral
- Implementing school counseling curriculum through the use of
effective instructional skills and careful planning of structured
group sessions for all students.
2.) Facilitate delivery of counseling services by:
- Conducting individual counseling with students.
- Conducting group counseling/advisement with students in the
areas of educational, career, and personal/social needs.
- Coordinating with local school staff to provide supportive
instructional classroom activities that relate to student
educational, career, and personal/social needs.
- Assisting with administration and interpretation of
standardized group testing.
- Ensuring that all students receive appropriate career readiness
- Ensuring that all students receive appropriate college
- Consulting with school staff on student problems and concerns
as needed or requested.
- Consulting with parents on student problems and concerns as
needed or as requested.
- Promoting the use of community resources in meeting student
- Advocating for equity of services for all students.
- Engaging in professional development activities.
- Applying newly acquired professional knowledge.
3.) Follow professional practices consistent with local school
and system policies by:
- Interacting in a professional manner with students, parents and
- Being available to students, parents, and colleagues in
accordance with system policies.
- Facilitating home and school communication by such means as
holding conferences, telephoning and sending written
- Maintaining confidentiality of students, students' records,
parents, staff, and school business.
- Working cooperatively with school administrators, teachers, and
other service personnel, and parents.
- Modeling correct use of oral and written language.
- Demonstrating accurate and up-to-date knowledge of
4.) Comply with local school, system, and state policies and
- Conducting counseling activities at the time scheduled.
- Supporting policies and regulations concerning student conduct
- Being punctual.
- Maintaining plans as required by school policy.
- Implementing designated counseling core curriculum.
- Maintaining accurate, complete, and appropriate records and
- Attending and participation in faculty meetings and other
assigned meetings and activities according to school policy.
- Complying with conditions as stated in the individual's
5.) Act in a professional manner and shall assume responsibility
for the counseling program by:
- Taking precautions to protect records, equipment, materials,
- Assuming responsibility for supervising students.
6.) The School Counselor for students in grades 6-12 shall:
- Provide to the students information for postsecondary plans,
financial aid, and scholarship information.
- Plan and coordinate the advisement program for the school.
- Evaluate transcripts and review records in order to advise
students and faculty members about course selections and
- Conduct an exit interview with students who are withdrawing
7.) Follow the system's procedures in referring students to a
local school support team.
School Counseling Georgia Educator Certificate or meet
professional qualifications of the district.
Ability to work well with students, parents, staff and community
High integrity, excellent character, and good professional
reputation are essential.
Abide by the Georgia Professional Standards Code of Ethics for
Ability to be regularly, predictably, and reliably at work.
Ability to perform tasks involving prolonged periods of
standing, walking, and sitting.
Ability to perform routine physical activities such as bending
and lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing, written, and verbal communications are
essential factors in performing required tasks.
Keywords: Henry County Schools, Atlanta , Counselor - Grades 9-12 (2021-2022 School Year), Other , Mcdonough, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!