Buried Drop Technicians-Entry Level
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: June 12, 2021
"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are
HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and
wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is
our top priority."
About the Role:
Windstream is a leading telecommunications company that connects
homeowners, small businesses, enterprise business and carrier
partners across the United States.
As a Windstream technician working on the buried drop team, you
will perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber, and
coaxial cable from the network hub to the customers' residence.
Our team of Buried Drop Technicians care about technology and
connecting customers to products they value.
What You'll Do:
- Perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber &
coaxial drop cable to connect Windstream's network to the
- Use your technical expertise and customer focus to create
meaningful connections with customers.
- Interpret work drawings and instructions and complete necessary
- Sell and promote Windstream products and services.
- Train new employees on daily job functions.
- Operate hand-held computer for retrieving and clearing job
- Operate machinery including trenching and boring equipment for
Do You Have?
- The ability to walk mile while operating following a drop plow
that places service cable.
- Ability to work the schedule including overtime, callouts, and
standby as needed.
- Basic technology and math skills.
- Ability to distinguish colors present in color-coded
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to successfully complete required training, including
overnight travel out-of-state.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical.
Our Benefits: https://windstreambenefits.com
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network
communications and technology solutions for consumers, small
businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across
the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband,
security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company
also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and
managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company
supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul
fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Atlanta , Buried Drop Technicians-Entry Level, Other , Winder, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!