Condition Monitoring System (CMS) Technical Product Engineer
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Be the technical product expert for the GE Wind condition
monitoring system; responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and
implementing the existing product as well as new functionality.
Monitor the data pipeline for issues, and drive resolution of
issues within a diverse cross-functional team. Lead customer-facing
projects including the design, testing, implementation, and
commissioning for unique and complex condition monitoring system
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide product support and troubleshooting for condition
monitoring systems. This would include troubleshooting issues with
software deployment, server configuration, and data pipeline
including server-client architectures (OPC, Modbus, etc.).
- Monitor data pipeline for outages and emerging issues. Initiate
root-cause assessments, and work with a cross-functional team to
resolve outstanding issues.
- Lead customer-facing projects including the design, testing,
implementation and commissioning for unique and complex condition
monitoring system installations.
- Test, document and release new condition monitoring software
releases developed by others.
- Become an expert in how our condition monitoring hardware,
software and data pipeline is deployed and configured.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand product
requirements & roadmap.
- Translate requirements into prioritized tasks and/or user
stories, and deliver to required timelines and quality
- Define, implement and document operational processes and
procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to
align activities and deliverables.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired
functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Establish foundation for future implementations and automation
- Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going
into the production environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering OR STEM"
Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an
accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting and implementing large
enterprise network infrastructure, SCADA or enterprise data
- In depth knowledge of data communication protocols such as OPC,
- In depth knowledge of Postgres/MySQL databases and
- Experienced in developing and deploying custom applications
(.NET, Java, SQL, XML, Python, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of LAN and WAN architecture and
functionality, including network Routing, Switching, DNS, Firewalls
and TCP/IP protocols
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server technology including
operating systems, hardware and services.
- Experience with network monitoring & alerting tools (Example
- Knowledge of OT security and applicable compliance regulations
such as NERC/CIP and EMEA IC
- Experience with data acquisition systems and how they interface
with databases, control systems and enterprise software
- Specific experience with vibration, strain and speed sensors is
- Working knowledge of Cloud services and development is a
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile software development and delivery
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and
approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem
statements and estimating efforts
- Ability to work within a large matrixed organization
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
Leadership & Project Management
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and
deliver on time and within budget
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way
communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work
direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against
scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Atlanta , Condition Monitoring System (CMS) Technical Product Engineer, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!