Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people
doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC
Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of
metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products
and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and
join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive
Requisition ID : 7153
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Customer Care / Contact Centre
Work Location : Atlanta, GA (Whse)
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Georgia : Atlanta
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The position of Customer Care Representative - Omnichannel,
delivers effortless, personalized and profitable customer
experiences in a contact center environment using various inbound
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers inbound sales and service customer calls and emails to
process orders, troubleshoot issues, complete returns, collaborate
with vendors to source products, make product recommendations and
provide general web support with a focus on increasing sales
- Responsible for proficiency in required MSC processes and
applications relevant to the Customer Care Omnichannel role.
- Effectively manages customer interactions including inbound
calls and email communications.
- Utilizes various systems (including but not limited to the MSC
website, AS400, WebSOE, Salesforce, Oceana & Vendor Websites) &
collaborate with other departments to identify and address the
customers stated and unstated product & service needs.
- Provides effortless customer experiences regardless of the
chosen modality related to products, services and pricing.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer issues & concerns
(including but not limited to billing, credits, returns, payments,
sourcing, pricing, availability, product recommendations & account
related questions) using the most efficient and cost-effective
resources and processes.
- Delivers customer service in accordance with MSC quality
standards to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention and
- Consistently expand sales, service and product knowledge using
MSC's training offerings.
- Adopts and exhibits MSC Culture to ensure the fulfillment of
MSC's vision and purpose.
- Communicates customer issues and trends to leadership to ensure
timely resolution and improvements in the customer overall
- Achieves the goal expectations of the role, including but not
limited to quality, sales, quote conversion, upselling &
- Conducts extensive follow-up through the utilization of a
ticket management system to ensure accuracy and timely resolution
to customer inquiries.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the
company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of
- Participation in special projects and performs additional
duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated sales skills desired.
- Proficiency in systems used by the Representative, Customer
Care - Omnichannel role, such as as/400, Oceana and the MSC website
- Excellent communication skills required including the ability
to speak and write standard business English required.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish or French) desired.
- General knowledge of the industrial supply industry
- Demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all MSC's required
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Collaboration
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our
customers to help them drive business results. With more than one
million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across
industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater
productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory
management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help
our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our
team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your
contributions, training and professional development opportunities,
as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's
health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team,
you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
any category protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta