Sterile Processing Technician I
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The shift for this position is 3p-11:30p
- Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical
instruments and trays to contracted facilities in compliance with
the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards
and facilities goals and policies.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the
reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation
including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping,
sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional
standards and regulations.
- Awareness of concepts of the Lean work environment.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities
to IMS leadership. Reports broken instrumentation.
- Adheres to IMS dress requirements and is neat and well-groomed
at all times.
- Arrives at facility at scheduled time and is consistently ready
for work assignments.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all personal, telephone and
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided
by IMS in the facility.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a Sterile Processing/Surgical Technologist
- Previous Sterile Processing Department experience
- Basic computer skills and aptitude.
- Ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire
- Ability to learn the basics of OR and SPD processes and
protocols, surgical instrument nomenclature, and care and handling
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced, high pressure Healthcare
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee
is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk, see and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds, push and/or pull up to 300 pounds on a cart or
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to biohazardous
material, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Technician I, Other , Decatur, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!