Properly assist with/administer scheduled medications to
residents in accordance with state regulations and residence
policy. Provide personalized care and services to residents, uphold
the residence policies and procedures, and ensure the residents
rights to safe, prompt, and confidential treatment.
* Follow the six rights of medication administration (right
resident, right drug, right dosage, right time, right route, right
record/documentation) each and every time assistance with or
administration of a medication occurs. Check each of the six rights
of medication administration three different times: * When the
medication is taken out of the medication cart or cabinet
* Immediately before assisting with/administering the
* Immediately after assisting with/administering the
* Assist with or administer medications to resident according to
their Medication Administration Record (MAR), if no errors are
noted, uphold the residences philosophy, and protect resident
* Document clearly and accurately on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR) after a medication is taken/given,
refused, held, discontinued, changed, disposed of, returned,
following the residence policy.
* Maintain a neat, clean, organized medication cart/cabinet, and
restock the cart/cabinet as needed.
* Provide residents with any treatments required as part of
their individual service plan as designated.
* Assist with other duties as assigned.
* Provide quality care and assistance to residents in accordance
with the residence philosophy, policy and procedure, and resident
* Assist residents in meeting their physical, emotional,
spiritual, and medical needs to achieve and maintain their highest
level of wellness.
* Promote and protect the residents rights to safe, prompt, and
* Answer and respond immediately to resident calls.
* Respect the residents right to refuse
* Protect the residents safety with medications.
* Explain to the resident what medication is being given and
why, prior to assisting with/administering the medication.
* Observe the resident for any adverse reaction to a medication
and report it to your Wellness Nurse or supervisor immediately.
* Maintain confidentiality of residents records.
* Control the spread of infection by following standard
* Dispose of infectious and potentially infectious waste
according to residence policy and procedure, and OSHA
* Establish and maintain a good relationship with residents and
* Respond to resident emergencies following proper
* Carry out all duties properly and effectively as assigned by
* Attend all regular staff meetings and required training
* Effectively communicate information pertaining to the
residents to other team members according to residence policies and
* Effectively communicate to the Wellness Nurse any changes
noted in a residents condition or behavior, adverse reaction to a
medication, any resident concerns, complaints, refusal of a
medication, any errors noted on the Medication Administration
* Report any and all medication errors honestly and
* Seek assistance and advice from your supervisor or Wellness
Nurse immediately if you have any doubts or questions when
assisting with/administering medications or treatments before you
perform the assigned task.
* Respond to on-the-job injuries in accordance with the
residence policies and procedures.
* Notify your supervisor of any concerns or questions presented
by the residents family members.
* Experience in the caregiving to older adults preferred
* Ability to read, write, and speak English
* Desire to work with older adults
* Friendly, caring disposition
* Required medication training
* Any required resident care training
* Required medication training