RN Registered Nurse
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
RiverWoods Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of
benefits for our nurses. Current benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus with a one-year commitment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement for full-time staff
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the
industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national
family of hospitals and facilities
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
We have full and part-time staff RN positions available for the
day (7:00 AM - 7:30 PM) and night (7:00 PM - 7:30 AM) shifts.
Shifts are 12-hours, 3 days per week with shift differentials
available. All full-time RNs rotate weekend shifts.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Riverwoods is committed to training and safety. All new-hire RNs
will attend a 2-week orientation that spans 5 days the 1st week and
3 days the 2nd. Nurses will have 8-10 hours in a classroom setting,
3-5 training and shadow shifts, and ongoing monitoring every 30,
60, 90 days.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and
behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing
care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and
scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse
Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as
well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and
transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and
pertinent information gathered is documented. .
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. An
initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions
in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document
accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed
efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients,
visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as
required by the state of Georgia
- Previous psych nursing experience highly preferred
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification preferred
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Atlanta , RN Registered Nurse, Other , Riverdale, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!