Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide restaurant guests with excellent food quality and
consistency, and with professional service. Responsible for
preparing all pastry and bakery items in accordance with quality,
quantity, and presentation standards as established by the Pastry
Chef. You love building and maintaining sound working relationships
with your coworkers!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Prepare all pastry items for the restaurant according to
- The demonstration, preparation, presentation and execution of
each menu item will be held to restaurant standards.
- Proper guest service will require that you produce food on a
timely basis and that you are well-educated regarding the
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including
tables, shelves, pastry, cooking, and refrigeration equipment.
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules,
regulations and policies set forth in the Employee Handbook and by
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to any kitchen
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing
proper sanitation practices and ensuring compliance with policy and
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take
on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all
What You Bring
- 1 year of prior experience in the pastry department of a
high-volume, full-service restaurant or supportive role is
- Time management and organizational ability required for high
quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.