Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday; Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 64802
Develops and cultivates a simulation program for Children's
Healthcare of Atlanta's clinical and physician staff. Designs,
coordinates, operates, facilitates, and evaluates clinical
simulations for clinical staff and physicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 5 years of experience in pediatric nursing
- Master's degree
- 1 year of experience in staff development/clinical
- 2 years of recent experience in simulation utilizing human
- Respiratory background
- Familiarity with METI and Gaumard simulators
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with attention to
- Able to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software
application relevant to medical simulator functions
- Manages initial and ongoing development and growth of clinical
- Designs, programs, coordinates, and facilitates clinical
simulations for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta clinical staff and
teams, including physicians, nurses, and other patient care
providers to meet a wide variety of learning and performance
objectives throughout the system.
- Evaluates and reports results of simulation activities and
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team throughout
entire scenario development, delivery, and evaluation process.
- Promotes standardization and quality of care through the
integration of simulation into existing and future programs.
- Facilitates testing of new processes through simulation.
- Partners with clinical areas upon request to address quality of
care and safety issues through simulation re-enactment and
- Updates own knowledge continuously of simulator capabilities,
emerging technologies, and scenario programming and applies to
improving simulation program.
- Operates simulators during teaching sessions and provides
training for staff as simulation instructors.
- Oversees scheduling of instructors/trainers and personnel
involved with all training/classes.
- Monitors simulation program daily operations and maintenance,
ensuring efficiency and effective utilization of resources.
- Mentors simulation educators throughout the healthcare
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for
the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports
compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of time)
Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed
to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization,
Children's is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673
beds, Children's is the largest healthcare provider for children in
Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in
the country. Children's offers access to more than 60 pediatric
specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children's
hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children's has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to
Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for
diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation
and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values.
We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our
employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the
country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Non Bedside