Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: XPO Logistics
Location: Forest Park
Posted on: June 13, 2021
2nd Shift, Monday - Saturday, 12:00pm - 8:30pm
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics the #1 logistics company
in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best
employers. At XPO, our employees take pride in their work and show
dedication to their job. As the Maintenance Technician, you will
perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair
and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety,
predictive and productive maintenance processes. Become a part of
our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can
be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Maintain Chucks, 6 River mobile pick units, etc.
- Repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment associated with
the facility; have firm knowledge of plant layout and stay on top
of current company policies as they relate to safety, environmental
- Maintain facilities infrastructure and equipment in various
areas, including skilled carpentry, electrical, painting,
plastering, dry walling, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and
mechanical work; coordinate and schedule third-party service
providers as needed
- Perform advanced-level plumbing work, including installing,
repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, and clearing
obstructions from water and sewer lines
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and equipment as
they are brought into the company
- Process products that require testing and mechanical
evaluation, and complete all cosmetic repairs to restore products
to sellable conditions
- Perform scheduled routine machine maintenance, including
disassembling, cleaning and inspecting machine mechanical,
pneumatic, hydraulic, low-voltage electrical and coolant systems;
repair electrical switches, outlets, lighting systems and
- Complete necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner;
document preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages,
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Experience reading simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor's degree, specialized vocational training
or equivalent education and experience in product maintenance
- Active Journeyman license
- 2 years of facility maintenance experience; strong hydraulic,
pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
- Experience with tools and equipment used in building
maintenance, reconstruction and repair work
- Experience using drawings, manuals and diagrams to coordinate
and complete installation of equipment and components according to
- Excellent communication skills with managers, employees and
vendors while delivering status reports and performing maintenance
and repair work, machinery installations or moves
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. above the waist and carry heavy objects
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various
surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary
maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or
under parts of the equipment
- Safely and effectively operate lift trucks and manual lifting
equipment in the process of installing, modifying or repairing
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Logistics, 2nd
Shift, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Night
Apply now "
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Atlanta , Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Other , Forest Park, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!