190 Day Teacher Salary Scale - NOTE: The 2021-2022 salary scales
are not yet available. The 2020-2021 salary scales are attached for
All new Henry County Schools' educators are required to attend
Educator Launch ~ July 19th-23rd, 2021.
The classroom teacher shall be directly responsible to the
principal. The classroom teacher must be able to perform tasks
involving light lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling and must be
able to walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Vision,
hearing and verbal communication are essential factors in
performing required tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
The Classroom Teacher shall:
1.) Provide instruction for the assigned students, grades, and
subjects or courses by
- Teaching at an instructional level appropriate to the mastery
level of the students to be taught.
- Providing both teacher-focused and student-focused content
development during the teaching process.
2.) Build for student transfer of knowledge by
- Providing initial focus.
- Providing content emphasis and linking of content.
- Providing lesson summaries.
3.) Assess and encourage student progress by
- Promoting student engagement in learning activities.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Responding to both adequate and inadequate student performances
as they occur.
4.) Manage the learning environment by
- Using time efficiently both in the handling of
non-instructional tasks and in using instructional time
- Maintaining an effective physical setting for instruction.
- Maintaining appropriate student behavior and by intervening
when necessary to redirect a student from inappropriate to
5.) Follow professional practices consistent with school and
system policies in working with students, students' records,
parents, and colleagues by
- Interacting in a professional manner with students, parents and
- Being available to students and parents for conferences
according to system policies.
- Facilitating home-school communications by such means as
holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written
- Maintaining confidentiality for school administrators, special
support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Modeling correct use of oral and written language.
- Demonstrating accurate and up-to-date knowledge of
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework to students.
6.) Comply with school, system, and state administrative
regulations and Board of Education policies by
- Conducting assigned classes at the time schedules.
- Enforcing regulations concerning student conduct and
- Being punctual.
- Maintaining lesson plans as required by Board policy.
- Providing adequate information, plans, and materials for the
- Implementing designed curriculum.
- Maintaining accurate, complete and appropriate records, and
filing reports promptly.
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings and other
assigned meetings and activities according to school policy.
- Complying with conditions as stated in the contract.
7.) Act in a professional manner and assume responsibility for
the total school program, its safety and good order by
- Taking precautions to protect records, equipment, materials,
- Assuming responsibility for supervising students in
- Maintaining regular attendance.
8.) Cooperate with other members of the school staff and the
administration in the discharge of tasks, duties, and
9.) Perform other such school related duties as may be required
by the principal for the purpose of the promoting the well-being
and safety of the students and the school.
10.) Complete all prescribed activities outlined in the
Professional Development Plan according to the time lines