Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 75984
Develops, implements, and supports the research process by
assisting investigators in study design, completion of the approval
process, and management of data specific to the subspecialty of
involvement. Actively promotes a lean work culture by performing
team member duties to encourage consistent use of lean principles
and processes, including continually seeking work process
improvements. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of
safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
This position supports our Pediatric Heart Center located at the
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or health-related field
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment if role
requires patient contact
- ARUP Handling, Packaging and Shipping Infectious Substances or
similar within 30 days of employment if role requires specimen
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or
Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) Certified Research
Associate (CRA), Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP),
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) within 1 year of
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within
30 days of employment
- 3 years of experience in clinical research with knowledge about
the conduct of clinical trials, research principles, and
- Master's degree in a scientific or health-related field
- Basic statistics
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Self-motivated from a performance and professional development
- Commitment to the lab's and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's
missions, goals, and values
- Broad knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory
requirements for conducting research with the ability to
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of a PC and
Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self-directed and motivated to work independently toward short-
and long-term goals
- Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill
Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of
- Strives for good working relationships with colleagues,
subordinates, and superiors
- Develops, conducts, and facilitates research protocol at an
- Provides substantial support for investigators in writing study
- Leads participant screening, enrollment, study activities, and
- Coordinates study visits and procedures, including specimen
acquisition, transport, documentation, and shipment.
- Monitors process for services.
- Acquires equipment and supply resources for research
- Provides leadership for data management activities.
- Develops and evaluates source and case report form tools.
- Manages data entry, ensures data integrity, supports
statistical services needs, and collaborates with manager to assess
data management needs.
- Provides leadership for direct patient care interaction.
- Administers various research surveys in accordance with
research study requirements.
- Completes research-only testing as required and applicable
per-study and system requirements, including
- Performs phlebotomy if trained to do so.
- Provides research study education to participants as part of a
- Completes documentation as needed within the medical
- Serves as an instructor and mentor for quality and education
- Monitors compliance throughout all study activities and engages
compliance oversight as needed.
- Maintains all licensure, certification, and system education
requirements for role.
- Coordinates educational activities related to study needs for
study staff, investigator team, and patient care staff.
- Initiates departmental policy and quality projects.
- Collaborates with manager to incorporate system initiatives
into departmental practices.
- Provides leadership and training related to all regulatory
processes related to clinical research activities.
- Ensures Institutional Review Board preparation, submission,
modifications, reporting, and termination activities.
- Structures the maintenance of all regulatory documents.
- Leads others in sponsor correspondence, monitoring, and study
- Guides interdepartmental auditing of regulator practices.
- Serves as a resource for facilitating grants, contracts, and
financial tasks for research and clinical trials.
- Independently provides services for investigators in study
budgeting, sponsor interactions, routing, feasibility assessments,
account management, and reconciliation.
- Serves as a collaborator and key contact for key business
partners, including Emory, Georgia Tech, and University of
- Works collaboratively with manager to monitor metrics.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for
the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports
compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more
Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40
lbs with assistance
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed
to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization,
Children's is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673
beds, Children's is the largest healthcare provider for children in
Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in
the country. Children's offers access to more than 60 pediatric
specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children's
hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children's has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to
Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for
diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation
and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values.
We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our
employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the
country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Research - Research