Malware Analyst / Reverse Engineer - Incident Response, Threat I Remote, USA
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their
businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies
in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the
brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are
passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that
the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard
together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do
important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations.
Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that
you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our
team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more
Who we are looking for:
The Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer will assist incident
response and forensic investigations as part of Optiv's Threat
Management practice. Responsible for analyzing and reporting on
malware and adversary activity.
How you will make an impact
- Collect, identify, and analyze malware samples
- Write reports about attacker activity, trends, tactics,
techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Support active incident response engagement.
- Builds and maintains documented standard operating
- Builds an expertise in knowledge Optiv's Threat Management
- Performs other responsibilities as needed
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's Degree and approximately 3-5 years of related work
- Experience with disassembly tools and functional exploits, the
creation of custom shellcode, code to bypass typical security
measures, and ring 0 programming
- Experience with using both static and dynamic tools and
techniques to analyze and reverse-engineer malware, including
Binary Ninja, Immunity Debugger, Ollydbg, Windbg, Ida Pro, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate regularly across
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and processes in a
professional manner to external and internal clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to
prioritize and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters
success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv!
As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has
the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners
to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history
with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000
clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial,
government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan,
build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management,
Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security
Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect:
- A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and
Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to,
Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans
- Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off
program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they
need to recharge
- Professional training resources, including tuition
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique,
- Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees
to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
- The ability and technology necessary to productively work
remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
for employment will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status,
or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Optiv, Atlanta , Malware Analyst / Reverse Engineer - Incident Response, Threat I Remote, USA, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!