Patient Care Tech, Mother Baby
Company: Northside Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come join our Mother-Baby Patient Care Tech team at the
Northside Atlanta Campus! This program will consist of 8 weeks of
classroom and clinical training.
As a Mother Baby PCT you will:
- Assists mothers with breast-feeding, provides patient education
relating to infant care, checks and assists with monitor equipment
and sets up for phototherapy.
- Checks computer information regarding patients, and answers
telephone as needed.
- Assists in the ongoing maintenance of hospital and department
quality initiatives, including but not limited to patient safety
initiatives and bedside glucose monitoring quality controls.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital
and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any
mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions,
or employee/patient/visitor injuryaccident to Manager.
- Performs daily care activities including bathing, personal
hygiene, feeding and dressing patients.
- Obtains and records vital signs, intake and output amounts, or
other measures as designated, collects and tests specimens as
required, and observes patient's condition and reports abnormal
symptoms, unusual conditions or adverse reactions to the
- Assists patients with position changes, range of motion
exercises, standing and walking. Transports patients as required
for treatments, procedures, etc.
- Assists physicians and nurses with physical examination and
treatments, and performs surgical preps and simple sterile or
nonsterile dressing changes. Inserts and removes foley catheters as
- Provides additional therapies, procedures and treatments. These
skills include but are not limited to NG tube maintenance, EKG lead
placement, suction and oxygen setup.
- Transports equipment, specimens, blood, etc., throughout the
- Maintains technical training in use of equipment pertinent to
- May enter physician orders for tests, procedures, etc., into
computer system. May transcribe medical orders as required. Prints
lab results from SunQuest computer.
- Documents care activities and patient data in appropriate area
of patient record.
- May witness patient signature of consent forms.
- Performs 12 lead EKGs accurately as designated by department,
following completion of training and competency check-off.
- a. Listed as a CNA on the Georgia Registry OR
b. Graduate of a U.S. Military Medic course OR
c. Enrolled in a School of Nursing and has completed one (1)
full semester of clinical rotations OR
d. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Medical Degree
- Current BLS card (CPR
- MUST have schedule flexibility to work day or night shift
Keywords: Northside Hospital, Atlanta , Patient Care Tech, Mother Baby, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!