Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer - Food & Consumer Products (Atlanta)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Senior Instrument & Controls (I&C) Engineer will lead
design teams to create world class designs for grassroots and
revamp/brown field refining and chemical projects. The Senior
I&C Engineer will lead the design team throughout the
Engineering/design, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) process,
adapting I&C plans according to assigned budget, schedule,
engineering/design standards, and client requirements. The Senior
I&C Engineer will lead in providing deliverables for Front End
Planning (FEP) and Detailed Design phases and support construction
- Lead the production of instrumentation engineering/design
deliverables, including Instrument Index, Instrument Data Sheets,
Instrument Installation Details, Instrument Location Plans, Wiring
Diagrams, and Loop Diagrams.
- Lead the production of control systems (DCS and/or PLC) and
Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Data Sheets.
- Lead the production of controls design deliverables, including
I/O list, Process Control Narratives, Graphic Sketches, Cause &
Effect Diagrams, Alarm Rationalization, and manage third party
control system suppliers to comply with the control system design
requirements, including participating in Factory Acceptance Tests
- Lead the production of I&C purchase specifications, review
bids, make technical recommendations and manage the overall
purchase, review of I&C packages, and review of vendor
- Manage the development of P&ID's for various projects.
- Determine process measurements protocols, such as temperature,
pressure, flow, level, analyzers, and control valves. Utilize
knowledge of various technologies for selecting the appropriate
- Lead production of preliminary sizing calculations for
instruments such as orifice plates, controls valves, relief valves,
- Develop level sketches in conjunction with multiple
- Responsible for applying knowledge of commonly used I&C
engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and
procedures within the engineering services industry.
- Provide leadership and guidance for less experienced
- Responsible for compliance with company and project site safety
- Quality review production drawings for a variety of projects
and project related data as required by the project managers to
verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related
- Quality review the construction administration including
coordination with field personnel to resolve design related
installation issues, calculations, field inspections and testing of
- Leads field inspections, installation, measurements or
calculations for public and private clients.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers
and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible
for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are
- Participate sales and marketing efforts and identify key
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification
statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report
- Responsible for effective communication with other engineering
- Responsible for compliance with company and site safety
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical
Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program and
successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 7 years electrical engineering experience. EPC project
- Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred.
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
procedures. Strong knowledge of electrical equipment design ANSI
and IEEE Standards. Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leading the discipline design for large
projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead
execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work
methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering
documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel. accredited program.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker
Identification Card (TWIC).
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Atlanta , Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer - Food & Consumer Products (Atlanta), Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!