Principal IT ENG Applications - Mobile Tech Lead
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Mobile Tech Lead/ Technical Product Owner works closely with
product managers to create product roadmap, defines non-functional
requirements and backend integration, along with strategic
architecture and infrastructure vision and realization. Leads
discovery, solution design and efforts estimations. Develops
materials to explain complex technical problems and solutions in
both business and technical terms and be able to present it to
Kaiser Permanente leadership. In this role you will help Kaiser
Permanente continue their rapid development of experiences on
mobile and to execute on next generation technologies. This role
requires Mobile Application Architect experience and hands-on
mobile application development experience on iOS/Android
- Development of high-level solution design, for applications &
systems and evaluations.
- Leads and/or participates in reviews of design concepts and
creation of technical design documentation.
- Developing initial estimates for solution alternatives and
making solution recommendations to the business area.
- Evaluations of existing applications for reuse and sharing in
- Integrated systems planning and alternative technologies
- Plans, coordinates and conducts the analysis of current
business processes and functional requirements and creating needed
- Participates or acts as a project lead in the coordination of
solution development and implementation.
- Being a liaison between business clients and technical staff
and/or with development staff throughout the development life cycle
on complex projects
- Participate in integrated systems planning and recommend
alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated
information systems that support overall corporate and business
- Initiate, identify and coordinate the analysis of complex
client needs in project areas such as: new business operating
models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market
research of emerging or available product functionality and
operational readiness assessment.
- Participate in the leadership of cross-functional and/or
cross-divisional task forces to identify and document functional
requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths,
and system specifications.
- Develop the analysis and definition of efficient, cost
effective solutions that support client business processes and
functional requirements and resource costs.
- Consult on the identification and definition of solution
alternatives within the frameworks provided by Enterprise
- Identifies opportunities for solution sharing and reuse.
- Identifies and coordinates with other project managers and
implements schedule deadlines as appropriate.
- Advises clients on the consequences of actions. Communicates
risks and ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops
risk assessment of plan with client.
- Participate in Enterprise Architecture integration, partnering
and coordination activities.
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for
translating business requirements and functional specifications
into software solutions, for contributing to and leveraging the
technical direction for the development of integrated business
and/or enterprise application solutions, and for serving as a
technical expert for project teams while providing consultation to
help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying
deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all
procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business
priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes
and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to
accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and
externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex
problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring
progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement
opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the
completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by
building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders;
communicating information and providing advice to drive projects
forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening
and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback;
adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing
feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and
mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to
capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting
to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is
responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile
practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure,
multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise,
- Provides insight into recommendations for technical solutions
that meet design and functional needs.
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications
into physical program designs, code modules, stable application
systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business
Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and
- Ensures appropriate translation of business requirements and
functional specifications into physical program designs, code
modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by
partnering with Business Analysts and other team members to
understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Serves as an expert for innovative technical solutions that
meet design and functional needs.
- Facilitates and serves as a technical expert for project teams
throughout the release schedule of business and enterprise software
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with internal
customers, third party vendors, and senior management to ensure the
alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project
- Recommends complex technical solutions that meet design and
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to
ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible,
scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Provides expertise and guidance to team members for systems
incident responses for complex issues.
- Provides implementation and post-implementation triage and
support of business software solutions by programming and/or
configuring enhancements to new or packaged-based systems and
- Reviews and validates technical specifications and
- Identifies specific interfaces, methods, parameters,
procedures, and functions to support technical solutions while
incorporating architectural designs.
- Supports component integration testing (CIT) and user
acceptance testing (UAT) for application initiatives by providing
triage, attending test team meetings, keeping the QC up-to-date,
performing fixes and unit testing, providing insight to testing
teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage,
and supporting the development of proper documentation.
- Leads systems incident support and troubleshooting for complex
and non-complex issues.
- Identifies specific interfaces, methods, parameters,
procedures, and functions, as required, to support technical
solutions serving as an escalation point for complex or unresolved
issues related to requirements translation.
- Develops and validates complex testing scenarios to identify
application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional
- Participates in all software development lifecycle phases by
applying comprehensive understanding of company methodology,
policies, standards, and internal and external controls.
- Develops, configures, or modifies basic to moderately complex
integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within
various computing environments by designing and coding
component-based applications using programming languages.
- Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software
solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices,
strategies, and architectures.
- Builds partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written
code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns,
and technical specifications.
- Leads the development, validation, and execution of testing
scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software
solutions meet functional specifications.
- Leads, mentors, and trains other technical resources to develop
- Minimum five (5) years experience working on project(s)
involving the implementation of solutions applying development life
cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Minimum two (2) years in a technical leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
and Minimum eight (8) years experience in software development or a
related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be
substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring
interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and
- Four (4) years experience in systems analysis, including
defining technical requirements and performing high level design
for complex solutions.
- Four (4) years experience with engineering tools such as bug
tracking and source code control systems.
- Three (3) years experience in a leadership role of a large
- Three (3) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Four (4) years experience writing technical documentation in a
software development environment.
- Three (3) years of IT experience developing and implementing
business systems within an organization.
- Three (3) years experience developing and/or implementing
- Two (2) years working with location technology (e.g., real time
location services, beacons).
- Three (3) years experience working with Git source code
- Three (3) years experience in test-driven application
- Three (3) years development experience integrating with 3rd
- Three (3) years experience in web service development.
- Three (3) years of development experience with Android
- Three (3) years of development experience on Microsoft
- Three (3) years of development experience with iOS apps
- 5+ years Mobile Application development experience on at least
one platform (Android, iOS, Hybrid& RWD Web App)
- 3+ years of experience as a Mobile Application Architect
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Pershing Point Plaza IT
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job
Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Applications
Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD EXP ENG - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of
the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta , Principal IT ENG Applications - Mobile Tech Lead, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!