Dept Asst, Nursing, Antepartum, 7a-7:30pm Part Time
Posted on: June 12, 2021
for passionate women’s services nurses who are ready to join a team
that’s redefining quality nursing care. As integral members of
high-functioning, inter-professional teams, Emory Healthcare’s
Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby and NICUs are where we offer
live-saving, innovative care to medically complex
- Provides administrative support to nursing unit management by
developing and updating daily staff schedules.
- Adjust work schedules to accommodate changing staff needs.
- Collects and reviews unit time records for accuracy,
completeness, and procedural compliance.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies which require corrective
- May direct clerical activities within the unit. Identifies
clerical staffing needs and provides training and guidance.
- Regularly assesses employee performance and provides feedback
to employees concerning their performance.
- Participates in programs and projects which support the goals
and objectives of the unit.
- Types correspondence, reports and/or manuscripts.
- May take dictation and transcribe from a machine.
- Answers department telephones and greets visitors according to
departmental procedure; screens calls and takes messages or refers
caller to appropriate staff member.
- Sets up, organizes, and maintains various departmental files
according to established procedures.
- Posts daily schedules in designated locations.
- Files and maintains schedules for future reference.
- Retrieves appropriate information upon request for internal and
- Checks equipment to ensure that it is operating properly;
communicates materials maintenance requirements to the appropriate
- Maintains accurate inspection logs to document findings and any
required follow-up activity.
- Coordinates routine servicing of equipment; contacts
appropriate vendor or service representative for required equipment
- Oversees the timely delivery of linens, materials, supplies,
and equipment to ensure immediate availability of commonly used
items. Maintains documentation related to delivery services and
reports any problems to supervisor.
- Operates standard office equipment including telephones,
copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Inventories, orders, and maintains office supplies and
- Completes purchase requisitions and receives supplies.
- Projects departmental expenditures and collects pricing
- Initiates corrective action for mischarged items and maintains
- Receives and distributes employee paychecks; returns checks
which have not been collected to Payroll.
- Verifies the accuracy of charges for patient services and
maintains related departmental records.
- Maintains purchase orders, verifies the accuracy of supply
deliveries and related charges, and acknowledges the receipt of
items for invoice approval.
- Monitors service contracts to ensure contractual
- Collects unit data following prescribed policies and procedures
and assists in data analysis.
- Maintains records pertaining to unit operations including
confidential personnel records, time sheets, financial accounting,
budget, correspondence, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates preparation and processing of employee information,
human resources action forms, and time cards.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees; familiarizes
them with unit and administrative policies and procedures. Provides
computer training to unit staff or others.
- Acts as a liaison for unit personnel. Attends and participates
in departmental meetings, circulates memos, posts announcements,
and keeps staff informed of any operational changes which may
impact their work.
- May hold regular meetings with clerical staff to discuss issues
and concerns affecting unit operations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of clerical or secretarial experience which
includes one year of experience in a hospital or healthcare
- One year of computer experience which includes experience with
word processing, database management or spreadsheet
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Dept Asst, Nursing, Antepartum, 7a-7:30pm Part Time, Other , Decatur, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!