Sterile Processing Technician III, GI Lab
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This shift/schedule for this 10-hour per day position is 9:30a-8p
on Mon, Wed, Thur and Sat.
- Receives soiled or contaminated supplies and instruments from
patient care areas.
- Determines the best method of cleaning, wrapping, and
sterilizing a variety of medical and surgical instruments,
equipment, and needles.
- Assembles surgical instrument trays and pans and delivers
sterilized items to the operating room.
- Assembles special procedure trays for such complex surgeries
such as open heart, transplant, major orthopedic surgeries,
neurosurgical, laparoscopic, and spine surgeries.
- Uses computer to scan PIC tickets on instrument trays and case
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment such as
washers, sterilizers, sonic cleaners and cart washers.
- Restocks prep areas with supplies and takes inventory of
sterile instrument pans and trays.
- May retrieve contaminated equipment, supplies, trays, and
instruments from patient care areas for cleaning and
- May collect needles and sharp containers from O.R. for proper
- Monitors all sterilization equipment by testing and recording
- Assists in training staff in the identification of surgical
instruments and individual pans.
- Prioritizes assignments and adjusts work flow to meet the most
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in sterile processing environment.
- Registered as a Central Service Technician.
- Some experience with computer software.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Technician III, GI Lab, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!